• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ebersohn to Force

Robert will stay with the Cheetahs, don't worry. He just signed a new deal last year

Altho there are every year players leaving, it's quiet remarkable that they gain new exciting players as well every year.

My Uncle who works at the Stadium says it's Naka's fault. He has "drinking buddy's club" and if you're not in that group you are shunned. Tewis de Bruyn being his biggest chronie.

He says it's total dictatorship and isn't at all surprized that guys are leaving on a yearly basis. According to him, This will continue to be the trend until they get rid of Naka

You know I've always wondered what the deal with Naka is. He hasn't done anything since winning the CC back in the mid 2000's. Is he being retained purely because he was a Bok back in the day? I also highly doubt he is responsible for what has made the Cheetahs great the passed few seasons, as bring in youngsters is due to Grey College being there. And their backline play has always been credited to Hawies Fourie. Yet again I highly doubt he has much input there as he was a hooker while he was playing.

Like Harold Verster their president they will stay until forcefully removed. He is like that 1956 History teacher set in his ways and will not change.
This is a traditionally farming community with more old school beliefs and values that the urban franchises (IMHO)
Time some massive firm buys them out or a major sponsor come in and forces changes.
Then this union can develop and retain players

Interesting to see he has signed before the 2013 coach has even been signed, must be desperate to leave. I don't know whether this is a great signing. The Force are based in a primarily AFL state and need big name players and results to attract people to the game of rugby. I wouldn't call Sias Ebersohn a star and I can't see him single handedly turning around the Forces fortunes. Still I guess he is better than what they have (a half back in Stanard and a club rugby fullback in Seymour). I think they should be trying to lure somebody a bit younger and more talented like Mike Harris.

Interesting to see he has signed before the 2013 coach has even been signed, must be desperate to leave. I don't know whether this is a great signing. The Force are based in a primarily AFL state and need big name players and results to attract people to the game of rugby. I wouldn't call Sias Ebersohn a star and I can't see him single handedly turning around the Forces fortunes. Still I guess he is better than what they have (a half back in Stanard and a club rugby fullback in Seymour). I think they should be trying to lure somebody a bit younger and more talented like Mike Harris.
I think you might be surprised at what he's capable of. Besides I don't see someone like Mike Harris leaving the Reds any time soon, at the very least he's cemeted himself in the Reds 22.

edit: and I believe Sias is only about 9 months younger than Mike Harris

i didn't mean the force should actually sign mike harris, or that ebersohn is older than mike harris. i mean they should be looking for somebody in the mold of mike harris; a bit of x factor in his game. I also think they would be better of getting somebody younger then 23. there are a lot of talented under 20's players out there. why not wait until after the world cup this year and pick one of them up. Ulupano Seuteni is in the EPS for the reds and has big raps on him. he may be willing to defect for a place in the contracted squad. if they are really keen to go down the foreign player route then scott eade of new zealand is a promising prospect and has a many talented young fly halves ahead of him at the moment after the emergence of beauden barrett and tom taylor in this years super rugby tournament. then there is obviously arron cruden and dan carter. he may be persuaded to leave to get better opportunities. tony jantjies is another foreign with plenty of talent as a flyhalf. this will be his last under 20 world cup so he will be looking for a super rugby contract.

Latest posts