• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ed Fairhurst XV

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Just so we don't 'defile' the Edthread with insignificant players.

I nominate Andrea Lo Cicero as tighthead, Andy Powell as blindside, and second LG's inclusion of Jacques Burger on the openside (only to include another legend, Radike Samo, at eight).

I don't think we really have any fixed criteria, just that the player must have some 'outstanding' quality that makes them notable.

Just my nominations:
01 Lo Cicero (Pure class)
02 Polota-Nau (Awesome fro-goatee combo)
04 Sharpe (He looks like a finger)
06 Powell (Legend, F1 wannabe)
07 J. Burger (Tough and nails, dat hair)
08 Samo (Really need to explain?)
09 *Edward Fairhurst*
10 Andy Goode (Nominated by LG)

EDIT: Need clarification on qualification criteria.

Last edited:
The Ed XV would surely only include hero's / legends outside of the Tier 1 Nations.

Captain America would be there as would be Daisuke Ohata.

The Ed XV would surely only include hero's / legends outside of the Tier 1 Nations.

Captain America would be there as would be Daisuke Ohata.

What about players who haven't been capped?

Personally, I wish to nominate Nick Williams.

Ed doesn't discriminate. All awesomeness is welcome.

Ah but he would as he is fighting for the underdog. This is key knowledge to the ones who have been blessed by the Ed.

It needs to be checked by the ones who brought the Great One to the forefront.

Last edited:
Ah but he would as he is fighting for the underdog. This is key knowledge to the ones who have been blessed by the Ed.

True, I'll have to reconsider then.
We need LG, as our Canadian diplomat, to help us out.

Honestly not a fan of Clever. He was very poor in a bad Lions side.

True, I'll have to reconsider then.
We need LG, as our Canadian diplomat, to help us out.

Honestly not a fan of Clever. He was very poor in a bad Lions side.

Any player could be made to look poor playing for the Lions :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it came out wrong, but what I am trying to say is that I noticed he really didn't look good as a player. The best player I remember from that team was Mjekevu, who looked decent amongst that lot.
Big hits are flashy, but he just isn't my type of forward. All comes down to preferences.

@Admartian. How about a Ben Smith XV? It would totally thump the Lomu XV from JLR.
I need to submit Ben Smith Rugby Challenge to Sidhe.

Nick Williams fights for the underdog - for the rights of fat boys to play top level rugby in the back row!

Leo Cullen. For managing to find a relatively fit wife despite looking like he took a 50 megatonne bomb to the face.

Mamuka Gorgodze is a legend in every sense of the word. And I mean every sense. I'm pretty sure he was made up by the ancient Greeks.

Tuilagi is an overrated fool. Away with these base imposters.

Yusuke Aoki, pacy Japanese hooker
Could someone remind me how the Ed Love began, I'm not that old, I just followed the cult to fit in

Last edited:
Could someone remind me how the Ed Love began, I'm not that old, I just followed the cult to fit in

Think I remember him from the year the u20s world cup was in Wales, scored a hat trick against the French or something? Cracking player to watch, could play back row too.

Shota Horie was Japan's hooker at last years' World Cup. He was brilliant. He kept making backdoor offloads and outside breaks and big tackles. It was like he'd been brainwashed into thinking he was Brian O'Driscoll. I grew really fond of him over the course of the tournament. Amazing player.

Latest posts