• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddieball, the new Warrenball - just not as good.

Eddie is riding on the astonishing unbeaten streak he managed with them back in '16/'17 from the RFU point of view I reckon, although one wonders how much longer that will last. Probably cheaper to keep him than sack him one would suspect?

From what I vaguely recall there was a team there that Lancaster had built and they weren't quite hitting the mark. A new captain in Hartley and a bit of Southern Hemisphere approach and Japanese doggedness made England very very successful.

Since then I think Eddie has got bored, he is entertaining himself by trying to magically shoehorn a player into a position of his choosing in the hope that a wonder discovery comes from it and he can say "aren't I clever mate". In this situation one wonders if the massive player pool in England doesn't help, the coach isn't forced to work to hard with what he can get because in every position there are 3-4 alternative names that can come in.

In this situation one wonders if the massive player pool in England doesn't help, the coach isn't forced to work to hard with what he can get because in every position there are 3-4 alternative names that can come in.
Except at 12 where Jones only wants to consider 2 names. One is Manu and the other is Tuilagi.

Jones went through a phase of playing back rowers at lock, then a phase of playing locks at 6, then a phase of playing a flanker at 8, then his phase of playing a wing at 15, then his phase of playing a 13 at 12, also his phase of a 13 on the wing and his phase of playing a 10 at 12.

I can't ever think of when he just plays a proper team without his stupid selection gimmicks. Looking back it does seem like a gimmick as well.

Except at 12 where Jones only wants to consider 2 names. One is Manu and the other is Tuilagi.
I agree but as Manu is a lifetime member of the injury conveyer belt Jones tries to amuse himself up with sticking other non 12 players at 12 because they are not worthy.

This Eddie Jones' aftermatch press speech is an absolute disgrace... and a good example of how ludicrous his words can be.
How could England can stand this orc trying to dizculp his inconziztenzy, "mate"?
So embarassing for Courtney Lawes..

Latest posts