• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eden Park renovation is a Wellington Idea.

W

wjd23104

On a Radio interview this morning ( 9th February)Auckland City Councillor Mark Donnelly claimed the Eden Park Renovations where being forced on Auckland ( by Wellington) and they shouldn't have to underwrite the short fall in funding for the Stadium.

I'm sorry but is this the same Renovated Eden Park that Mayor John Banks proposes using if Auckland Robs Wellington of the Sevens? So they don't want to spend any money on a stadium but want to host not only The Sevens but both the Semis and the Final of the Rugby World Cup. Auckland are Lucky the Cake Tin is built on reclaimed land and so can't be enlarged without spending a fortune.

God i hate Jaffas.

I'm looking at designs for the completed Eden Park and it looks like in future it could be turned into a kind of quasi-bowl shape stadium...thing. Maybe adding an extra 10,000 onto the overall capacity? It would look rather interesting if it did come to pass.

But then, with capacity already going to be at 60,000 maybe future funding would be better spent modernising other New Zealand stadia.

Auckland ratepayers shouldn't have to fork out large amount for Eden Park. The whole country benefits from having Eden Park redeveloped so the cost should be spread over the country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Feb 9 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Auckland ratepayers shouldn't have to fork out large amount for Eden Park. The whole country benefits from having Eden Park redeveloped so the cost should be spread over the country.[/b]

How does the rest of NZ benefit after the world cup? Auckland gets a renovated stadium (240 million dollars worth) and don't forget the Govt already put in 190 million. I just think its unbelievable that Auckland' s wasting time and money reviewing wether to underwrite the 40 million short fall or not. The Mayor of Manukau quite rightly said on TV3 that Auckland should just agree to underwrite the 40 million and get on with it.

Latest posts