Edinburgh Gunners to become a franchise

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by edinburgh_gunner, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Credit: bbc.co.uk

Great news, and that makes the future of The Warriors, Borders and ourselves secure. I'd imagine Bates to stay at the Borders now, with the Currether brothers bringing in a choice of their own. I'm not all that happy about the SRU having the right to withdraw players from the Gunners, and so the farce of the Gunners v. Leinster match on the final day of the season may well be repeated. There may be a small hike in season ticket prices, but I'm willing to pay for it.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. el_tk

el_tk Guest

It's probably good news unless the owners want quick success and bring in a pile of foreign mercenaries. Still good news for Scottish rugby and the Celtic League.

4. Well I think that if they provide the cash for a couple of foreigners for us, we may have some success. After all, we could have done last year if 9 of our first xv didn't get withdrawn for international duty. We need more players like Matt Mustchin and Dave Hewitt - players who are still good enough to stand in and win games for us and help the younger Scots.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!