• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh V Dragons

D

DuncTheDoodle

The Dragons beat Edinburgh 8-9 away almost two hours ago, and to my suprise there wasn't a topic to let me congratulate them. The Dragons defence was fantastic -Even without Charteris, Bearman and Lydiate- even if they missed two definate tries. Tovey had his best game this season, too.

Shocking from Edinburgh. Just give it to Visser, the Dragons crapped themselves every time he got the ball. Ford was pretty good too. Apart from that poor all round.

Watched the game on s4c, almost booted the telly with frustration at edinburgh and the unbelievably bias principality based commentary!

Was a game we could of, and should have won. Credit to the Dragosn for playing the conditions and keeping Embra pinned back in the first half and taking their chances with the penalties.

2nd half was a different story, much more dominant and up front and Embra bulled the Dragons pack. On that note, I have no idea why Alan Lewis felt it only necesary to warn the Dragons skipper aboute the constant infringing in the red zone. At the very least a yellow card should have been branded and I did feel like a penalty try should have been awarded for the number of times the Dragons collapsed the scrum. Can't blame Godman for missing the DG or the conversion either, atrocious conditions. I was sitting in my flat in Aberdeen and the wind and rain up here was foul!

Couple of decent performances, Ford and Visser. S. Jones also did well under the high ball in the conditions and tried to make something happen by running with ball in hand.

But, with the play-offs now in place, this defeat isn't too bad really. Yes, being top of the league would've been great but it's a marathon not a sprint and I get the feeling that given the free scoring form of the gunners, we'll be in the play offs and in with a chance of the league ***le.

I hate the S4C English laungage commentry, too. I reccomend turning it off and putting the subtitles on the Welsh commentry and laughing at the hillarious mistranslations.

I thought the Dragon's were very clever when Edinburough were camped on their line, scrum after scrum. The Dragon's scrum was obviously under huge pressure, they went down a couple of times, but then realised they would deffinately give a penalty try away. They then just scrummaged as well as they could, went backwards a bit and managed to disrupt Edinborough's ball / Edinborough's no.8 wasn't good enough at controlling the ball. They weren't scrummaging illegally, and the ref even said that he was happy with the scrums.

However I do agree with you about the Dragon's constant infringements at times. They were panalised quite a few times, offside etc. and possibly deserved a yellow. However, the Dragon's defense was quite heroic, with big hit after big hit coming in keeping Edinborough out. Edinborough probably kept the ball too close during the second half after trying to play too openly in the first, and the Dragon's were more than a match in the tight (apart from the scrum and rolling maul).

Not sure I agree that Edinborough should have won. The Dragon's butchered one or two definate try scoring opportunities, which would have put them out of sight in those kinda conditions.

As an Ospreys fan i bloody love the Dragons.
They are the epitome of the word "team"
Against Edinburgh they pulled out a win that maybe they shouldn't have and if any of the other welsh regions had played that way they would have lost to Edinburgh.
The dragons slogged their guts out, defended mightily, "did what they had to do" and unlike last season where they were losing to such a small margin, now they are pulling off winning by a small margin. On the budget that they've got they should be proud. But this is nothing new to the dragons fans. The team has been like this now for a couple of seasons.
Good on 'em i say. Do what it takes to win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 13 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As an Ospreys fan i bloody love the Dragons.
They are the epitome of the word "team"
Against Edinburgh they pulled out a win that maybe they shouldn't have and if any of the other welsh regions had played that way they would have lost to Edinburgh.
The dragons slogged their guts out, defended mightily, "did what they had to do" and unlike last season where they were losing to such a small margin, now they are pulling off winning by a small margin. On the budget that they've got they should be proud. But this is nothing new to the dragons fans. The team has been like this now for a couple of seasons.
Good on 'em i say. Do what it takes to win.[/b]

Exactly the same reason why I love them too. And why the hell does Gatland keep ignoring Fussell?! He's easily one of the form wingers in the league, why not give him a chance?
Btw good to see you back RC ;)

Spot on with the call on Fussell.
That guy isn't big, but he understands the spaces on the field, has great speed and constantly makes progress with ball in hand.
He needs a game for Wales - soon.

Good to be back, bro.

Latest posts