Edinburgh v Leinster

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by An Tarbh, Oct 9, 2008.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div align='center'>[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Edinburgh v Leinster
    Venue: Murrayfield
    Date: 11 October 2008
    Kickoff - 13:35, Live Sky Sports 2/Sky Italia</div>

Edinburgh welcome Leinster to Murrayfield intent on making amends for their hiding in the Magners League and looking to continue Leinster's dismal record in the Scottish capital.

Form for both sides is unimpressive as they head into this one so the perfect opportunity to kickstart their seasons awaits.

Leinster are only without Nacewa for this trip while the Edinburgh team is not far off the team that succumbed in Dublin, bar a few positional switches and the return of Webster. That said it should be a stronger Leinster pack with Van der Linde, Cullen and Elsom having not played in the last meeting.

If Leinster get their mindset right they'll win this game but as we all know with Leinster that's easier said than done.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Vambo

Vambo Guest

I reckon Edinburgh could edge this one.

4. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Oct 9 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    that's what I'm afraid of, another weekend of frustration in the Scottish captial. Always the pessimist me!

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

So apart from the obvious changes from the Connacht game, Cheika has gone with O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald in the centre with Contepomi in at fly half, Demsey at full back with Kearney and Horgan on the wings, O'Kelly has picked up a knock so he's replaced by Toner.

Leinster: G Dempsey; S Horgan, L Fitzgerald, B O'Driscoll, R Kearney; F Contepomi, C Whitaker; S Wright, B Jackman, CJ van der Linde; L Cullen (capt), D Toner, R Elsom, S Jennings, J Heaslip.

Replacements: J Fogarty, C Healy, T Hogan, S Keogh, C Keane, J Sexton, G Brown.

6. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Nahhhh there will be no mistakes.

This is the big one for Leinster now. Their whole season will be based on HEC progression. Mentally they will be on their game.

Leinster to win

7. They've both been dodgy this season,especially Edinburgh. But at home i expect them to win, they have done the last 4 times.

8. poppy

poppy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Oct 10 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Edinburgh should beat them but you never know.If Leinster do lose it is probably the end of their season because they are already out of the magners

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 10 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Edinburgh should beat them but you never know.If Leinster do lose it is probably the end of their season because they are already out of the magners
    [/b][/quote]

go fishing somewhere else will you.

10. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Playing the doctor at 10 is either a masterstroke or suicide. When did he last play a game there? I like the look of the Leinster team, especially the centre pairing, I do hope they win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Well if ever they needed another lesson in not being complacent they certainly got one if they were watching the match tonight.

I'm not sure if it's a gamble moving Dr Phil back to 10, he's played enough there for us in the past, I just hope the partnership between O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald clicks and I'm more than relieved to see Kearney back in the starting line up, class act.

12. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Good man Rocky, if Edinburgh's defence is going to be this porous we've got to take advantage, Dr Phil adds the extras.

3-7

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Shocking officiating but Leinster take advantage, Contepomi puts O'Driscoll away.

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Excellent, O'Driscoll returns the favour to Cotempomi. Good man Drico.

15. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

This is more like it Leinster, bonus point already.

16. crispy

crispy Guest

What a joke, Edinburgh need to sort themselves out or this will be as bad as the game earlier this season.

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Plenty of improvment still needed in the lineout though.

18. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Much quieter second half from Leinster, Robinson is fuming but can't simply blame the officials, in spite of their contribution.

19. crispy

crispy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Exactly. There probably should've been a second penalty try but AR needs to sort out all these handling errors Edinburgh are making and introduce some venom at the breakdown. Elsom and co. weren't made to work hard enough to get the ball.

20. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Yep, against any other team you probably could have said that Leinster didnt deserve to win it, but Edinburgh were woeful.

Away win + Bonus point, job done but so so much to improve on.

21. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Yeah plenty of work to put in by the sounds of it but let's wait and see what Wasps do tomorrow.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!