An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Edinburgh.png
Leinster.png

Edinburgh v Leinster
Venue: Murrayfield
Date: 11 October 2008
Kickoff - 13:35, Live Sky Sports 2/Sky Italia</div>

Edinburgh welcome Leinster to Murrayfield intent on making amends for their hiding in the Magners League and looking to continue Leinster's dismal record in the Scottish capital.

Form for both sides is unimpressive as they head into this one so the perfect opportunity to kickstart their seasons awaits.

Leinster are only without Nacewa for this trip while the Edinburgh team is not far off the team that succumbed in Dublin, bar a few positional switches and the return of Webster. That said it should be a stronger Leinster pack with Van der Linde, Cullen and Elsom having not played in the last meeting.

If Leinster get their mindset right they'll win this game but as we all know with Leinster that's easier said than done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Oct 9 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I reckon Edinburgh could edge this one.[/b]

that's what I'm afraid of, another weekend of frustration in the Scottish captial. Always the pessimist me!

So apart from the obvious changes from the Connacht game, Cheika has gone with O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald in the centre with Contepomi in at fly half, Demsey at full back with Kearney and Horgan on the wings, O'Kelly has picked up a knock so he's replaced by Toner.

Leinster: G Dempsey; S Horgan, L Fitzgerald, B O'Driscoll, R Kearney; F Contepomi, C Whitaker; S Wright, B Jackman, CJ van der Linde; L Cullen (capt), D Toner, R Elsom, S Jennings, J Heaslip.

Replacements: J Fogarty, C Healy, T Hogan, S Keogh, C Keane, J Sexton, G Brown.

Nahhhh there will be no mistakes.

This is the big one for Leinster now. Their whole season will be based on HEC progression. Mentally they will be on their game.

Leinster to win

They've both been dodgy this season,especially Edinburgh. But at home i expect them to win, they have done the last 4 times.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Oct 10 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They've both been dodgy this season,especially Edinburgh. But at home i expect them to win, they have done the last 4 times.[/b]
Edinburgh should beat them but you never know.If Leinster do lose it is probably the end of their season because they are already out of the magners

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 10 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Oct 10 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They've both been dodgy this season,especially Edinburgh. But at home i expect them to win, they have done the last 4 times.[/b]
Edinburgh should beat them but you never know.If Leinster do lose it is probably the end of their season because they are already out of the magners
[/b][/quote]

go fishing somewhere else will you.

Playing the doctor at 10 is either a masterstroke or suicide. When did he last play a game there? I like the look of the Leinster team, especially the centre pairing, I do hope they win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Well if ever they needed another lesson in not being complacent they certainly got one if they were watching the match tonight.

I'm not sure if it's a gamble moving Dr Phil back to 10, he's played enough there for us in the past, I just hope the partnership between O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald clicks and I'm more than relieved to see Kearney back in the starting line up, class act.

Good man Rocky, if Edinburgh's defence is going to be this porous we've got to take advantage, Dr Phil adds the extras.

3-7

Shocking officiating but Leinster take advantage, Contepomi puts O'Driscoll away.

What a joke, Edinburgh need to sort themselves out or this will be as bad as the game earlier this season.

Much quieter second half from Leinster, Robinson is fuming but can't simply blame the officials, in spite of their contribution.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 11 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Much quieter second half from Leinster, Robinson is fuming but can't simply blame the officials, in spite of their contribution.[/b]

Exactly. There probably should've been a second penalty try but AR needs to sort out all these handling errors Edinburgh are making and introduce some venom at the breakdown. Elsom and co. weren't made to work hard enough to get the ball.

Yep, against any other team you probably could have said that Leinster didnt deserve to win it, but Edinburgh were woeful.

Away win + Bonus point, job done but so so much to improve on.

Yeah plenty of work to put in by the sounds of it but let's wait and see what Wasps do tomorrow.

Latest posts