• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Leinster

The first half was like mini rugby. Spectacular tries, but Edinburgh's defence was pure amateur.

Good to see BOD with a bit of edge about him. Dempsey's set up of Horgan's try was class - I love it when a player gives-receives-gives. Fitzgerald and Kearney were underwhelming.

Leinster lost some good opportunities at the base of the ruck. Whittaker made a mess of 5 or 6 balls there, but I think it's because Cheika won't have players committing to the ruck. Still think Whittaker is pants.

I wouldnt say he is pants, especially when looking at his potential replacements, but hes no better then average.

In fairness to Edinburgh's defense, it was a wide open game and a lot of the tries came from turnover or broken play. Hard to blame the defense when you keep handing over the ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 12 2008, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wouldnt say he is pants, especially when looking at his potential replacements, but hes no better then average.[/b]
He's been "average" for two years now, supplying some of the best backs in the world. Did you see him crab across the pitch on Edinburgh's 22 and lose the ball, at about 65 mins? Instant pressure on Leinster when they should have been stretching the lead. Holy ****! He did stop a try, but that maybe should have led to a peno try. Why's he still there?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 12 2008, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In fairness to Edinburgh's defense, it was a wide open game and a lot of the tries came from turnover or broken play. Hard to blame the defense when you keep handing over the ball.[/b]
Yes, true. But with that rate of turnover, Leinster will be eaten alive by any premiership team.

The change in the frontrow made a big difference in the 3rd quarter, but it settled down for Leinster after that. Any theories?

Latest posts