Edinburgh v Leinster

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by An Tarbh, Sep 22, 2009.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div align='center'>[​IMG][​IMG]</div>

Edinburgh will be looking to make it 4 wins on the trot as they host Leinster this Saturday. They've yet to name their squad for this match.

Leinster have recalled 3 more Lions to their squad with Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald and Jamie Heaslip all coming back. Girvan Dempsey is also back having missed the trip to Swansea.

Leinster Squad:
    Forwards: Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Bernard Jackman, Shane Jennings, Ronan McCormack, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien, Mike Ross, Dominic Ryan, Devin Toner, Stan Wright
    Backs: Shaun Berne, Gordon D'Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Luke Fitzgerald, Shane Horgan, Chris Keane, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Good. Perhaps someone might finally beat Edinburgh.

4. We didn't play well against Ulster, but still ground out the win which shows character that we've lacked in previous seasons and we'll need it plenty to beat Leinster.

I think we will win, we've got good momentum and are in the habbit of winning games now and we do have a great record against them especially at home. I'd hope to see Blair start, he had a cracking game when he came on. I think it'll be a close game, only 5 points in it.

5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Guest

Not seen the teams yet but I am looking forward to this one. I think this will be Edinburghs toughest game yet this season in the league.

6. Think business gets serious now all lions are almost back but is BOD still out because of laser surgery on eyes or what story?

Think it will be cracking game with potential to be game of weekend.

Also intersting to see who lines out where for Leinster as we might get hint of who will be playing where as Shaun Berne been impressive so far will he be able to muscle a startin H'Cup spot

7. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

he had his eyes done ages ago so it's hardly that, must still be chilling in his new gaf out in Dubai.

8. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 22 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ha he'll be owning oil rigs next :bravo: :bravo:

9. crispy

crispy Guest

Edinburgh are only two wins away from equalling Leinster's record unbeaten streak of 11, so Leinster will have a little bit extra to play for.

We definitely can win, but you can never write Leinster off, especially with the way the lineout and scrum have been functioning lately.

10. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Sep 22 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Wonder will Nathan Hines get warm welcome :D :D

11. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Gerry Thornley is generally on the ball and has a good idea what's going on. This is the second time in a couple of weeks that he's talked up Dominic Ryan so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the 22.

12. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 23 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Gerry Thornley is generally on the ball and has a good idea what's going on. This is the second time in a couple of weeks that he's talked up Dominic Ryan so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the 22.
    [/b][/quote]

Where does this kid play and probably right to give BOD an extra week as he always seems to be in rucks and tackles as he 1 of best in business at tackling and getting hands on ball,
    But we'll test neck in RDS :p

13. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Backrow-Forward. It's good to see Leinster actually producing more forwards than Munster for once. Think we'll have a far better pack in 2 or 3 years.

Here fishy fishy...

14. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    And we producing the backs :p

But we producing good young pack but it just harder to break in to the team it just a question of picking their time carefully :)

15. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

No you're stealing ours. Nice 15 yas got there ;)

16. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ah we won't go there like Mike Ross, Reddan n few more but Felix fitting in nicely :p

We got plenty other good prospects too B)

17. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Cough*Niall Ronan* cough. I could do this all day.

18. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 23 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    True but in reply Stephen Keogh & Trevor Hogan where in our place Niall Ronan, Felix Jones & who else

Alot of work happen in our academy and the guys are getting plent of 'A' game over coming months

19. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

the mighty kieran lewis, Ian Dowling (Yup I'm claiming that) etc...

20. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

I'm claiming Luke Fitzgerald for Douglas, Co. Cork. it's where he learnt his Irish!

21. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Then I claim John Hayes as he's Irish and what with Leinster being Ireland's most populated province, it's most likely he's from here. Check mate.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!