Edinburgh v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Edinburgh.png
V
Ulster.png
</div>

Edinburgh face Ulster knowing their European season hangs in the balance after their no show in Paris last weekend and against a confident Ulster team they won't face an easy task.

Ulster's away form in Europe though is atrocious so Brian McLaughlin will be looking to address that this weekend. Discipline will have to be spot on especially as Paterson will punish them from anywhere within 40 metres.

Edinburgh will also take heart from the win at Ravenhill where they didn't play particularly well but managed to eke out the win.

Still though Ulster have a hugely impressive backrow and their 9-10-12 axis is in great form as well so the time is right for them to pick up an away win of note.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

Head coach Rob Moffat made three changes to Edinburgh's starting line-up for the Heineken Cup pool four match against Ulster at Murrayfield on Saturday (17 October, kick off 3.45pm, live on Sky Sports interactive). Click here to watch Rob's interview with BBC Scotland.

Edinburgh: Paterson; Robertson, De Luca, Houston, Visser; Godman, M. Blair (captain); Traynor, Ford, G. Cross, S. Turnbull, MacLeod, MacDonald, Grant, Hogg. Replacements: Kelly, Jacobsen, Young, C. Hamilton, Newlands, Laidlaw, Cairns, Jones.[/b]

Ulster have named the same side which beat Bath at Ravenhill last Friday.

Ulster: Clinton Schifcofske, Timoci Nagusa, Darren Cave, Paddy Wallace (capt), Andrew Trimble, Ian Humphreys, Isaac Boss, Tom Court, Andy Kyriacou, Brendon Botha, Ed O'Donoghue, Ryan Caldwell, Stephen Ferris, Willie Faloon, Robbie Diack.

Replacements: Nigel Brady, Bryan Young, Declan Fitzpatrick, Dan Tuohy, Chris Henry, Paul Marshall, Ian Whitten, Simon Danielli.

If this was a ML game I'd expect Ulster to win, but the HEC is a different ball game. McLauglin alluded to this in the press conference.

Ulster by less than 7.

Dissapointed by our last two performances, thought we were unlucky against Leinster in the ML at home, and given that we've already beaten Ulster this year away from home (granted neither side played particularly well that evening) and it's at Murrayfield I'd reckon us to win. We do seem to our lift our game for the home H Cup matches, so I hope that continues cause I do think this group is wide open.

Ulster need this win for both confidence and to get out of the pool. I think there is more pressure on them than alluded to. I think Ulster is the all over more impressive team, but Eddinburgh have a few stars that can punish mistakes, so discipline and teamwork are a must.

HEC loves the onepointer games this season, it seems

10ish minutes to go and edinburgh are winning 14-13

Edinburgh penalty puts them 17-13 up at fulltime

Thanks for losing me a tenner, Ulster :p

If Rob Moffat isn't playing Scott Newlands against Munster I will be very annoyed! He was immense coming off the bench today.

I wouldn't say Newlands did that much but he deserves a start at 8. It's more that Hogg has gone back into his shell after a great start to the season.

I'd like to see Laidlaw and Samson taking up scrum half duties. Thought Blair was slow, admittedly with a ref that allowed Ulster to ignore the offside line to make it look even worse.

Latest posts