Edinburgh?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hello, friends!

All the pundits I'm listening to have already declared that my beloved Edinburgh side is as good as eliminated, despite their recent play, and despite being at home.

What am I missing? Is there some reason I can't fathom that they're particularly vulnerable?

Thanks as always,

Dave

I don't care if Munster have hit their straps, they can't bully Edinburgh up front so I think they are guaranteed an arm wrestle rather than a stroll in the park.

The Edinburgh backs look very ordinary on paper, but backs coach Duncan Hodge is massively overlooked as a contributor to Edinburghs revival in fortune. It's not all on Cockerill.

I can't call this until I see who Edinburgh select. If they are at full strength then I don't see why they shouldn't have confidence of going further.

That would be effing fantastic, I have a really good feeling about them this year... of course, I haven't had a history of being let down or disappointed in Scottish rugby in general, so maybe I'm just setting myself up...

I think it's really a name thing, you look at both teams history in the competition and the lazy conclusion is that Edinburgh don't have a chance. It's mostly nonsense coming from people who'll barely have watched Edinburgh play, I wouldn't take it seriously. It'll be a close, probably low-scoring game and Edinburgh are at home. Munster have much more experience at this level which should stand to them but Edinburgh are at home. It's definitely not a forgone conclusion even though I'd have Munster as slight favourites.

Latest posts