• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eels to offer record NZ$1.07m for Quade Cooper

TRF_woosaah

Academy Player
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ls-to-offer-record-NZ-1-07m-for-Quade-Cooper/

Parramatta are prepared to make Quade Cooper the highest-paid player in the NRL with a deal worth twice as much as the one tabled by the Australian Rugby Union to keep the Wallabies star.
Having missed out on Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk after the Storm released Greg Inglis to Brisbane last week, the Eels are willing to offer the same A$850,000 (NZ$1.07 million) deal to Cooper if he decides to switch codes next season

Click on link for more...

this is a huge offer, and having Cooper and Hayne together in the backline would be devastating... but how can the eels have both these players next year under the cap i will never know. i know that this is cayless' final year but not sure about too many other movements other that Inu.

What are your thoughts?

If he's after money he'd probably make a helluva lot more if he went up north and stuck to union, no?

He has good skills and has good entertainment value. When I went to watch the Canes vs Reds this season I was happy as because I knew he was playing and he'd get up to his tricks. Quade brings a cool flavour to the game and if he switches codes it'll be a big lost to Australian Rugby and Rugby as a whole.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ls-to-offer-record-NZ-1-07m-for-Quade-Cooper/

Click on link for more...

this is a huge offer, and having Cooper and Hayne together in the backline would be devastating... but how can the eels have both these players next year under the cap i will never know. i know that this is cayless' final year but not sure about too many other movements other that Inu.

What are your thoughts?

Feliti Mateo is also leaving, the departure of those three should free up some cap space for the Eels.

Feic, it's being reported here that he's turned down offers from up north. He turned down offers from league teams in 2007 also and apparently has a league background in NZ?

Would be a big loss, but I reckon it depends on the WC, AUS has a fair chance to get in the Semis/ final, so if they would win it, his value would go up even more.

I don't think he'll switch, not for a second.
I hope i'm proved right as well :p

Would be daft if he did move when, bar injury, he's almost certain of a place in Australia's World Cup squad next year. Cracking player though, would do well in League if he did move I reckon.

Latest posts