Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Woooo! Exciting!

What y'all think is going to happen? Discuss and follow it here!

I am not the clued in on the US political situation or who is standing for what. Romney just looks like a guy who would sell his own mother. Hence why I would go for Obama. Not sure what will happen in the event of a tie in the US. It seems it could go that way.

Nothing much will change either way, from what I understand.
If you listen to Obama-fans the reason he didn't make any/many of his promises was because the Republicans didn't vote for them in congress (or whatever), which means the same thing would happen if Romney were to be elected with his shitty ideas.

Obama will win, I reckon, anyhow.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

I dont really care about politics here, let alone in USA-land. All I understand that if Mitt gets in then the voting majority in the US is an army of divs

Nothing much will change either way, from what I understand.
If you listen to Obama-fans the reason he didn't make any/many of his promises was because the Republicans didn't vote for them in congress (or whatever), which means the same thing would happen if Romney were to be elected with his shitty ideas.

Obama will win, I reckon, anyhow.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Could make a difference though as it has for other presidents that he wouldn't have to woory about being reelected.

2 sides of the same coin. Rockefeller says jump and the president asks how high.

Obama had it until that first debate.
I see more supporting Romney, at least in the areas I have been to.

Many polls have put them near neck-and-neck, yet the opinion polls indicate a vast majority feel Obama will win. Apathy on behalf of Obama's supporters could be an issue.

Not massively clued in myself, haven't had the time to follow it. But the one or two debates I have seen, Romney comes across as a right w***ker. I like Obama, but it seems like any if his bigger ideas (NHS style system etc.) have been blocked. Don't understand enough to comment on whether Obama has done enough to push these or not.

Last edited:
I think Romney wins, not by a lot but he squeaks it out. Rasmussen who was most accurate in polling in 04 and 08 has Romney up by one point roughly 49-48. The Obama campaign has been very underwhelming a much different case than last time around when it was very positive and got voters excited, "Yes we Can" has turned into "The other guys worse than I am". At one point he should have had this in the bag but he was so terrible in that first debate the entire campaign shifted.

If it's a tie, the House of Representatives elects the President(so it's most likely Romney) however the Senate chooses the VP, so you could seriously have a Romney-Biden White House LOL. I don't think a tie is likely, some states would have to break in weird ways.

Edit: My Electoral college pick is 281-257 for Romney....I am prepared to be horribly wrong on this.

Last edited:
God help the UK with Romney. Guy is full of gaffs.

God help the UK with Romney. Guy is full of gaffs.

I really haven't seen this with Romney, if anything he sticks to script too much and is rather vague on his ideas.

Edit: Not to say there have been ZERO gaffes from Romney, it's a certainty to make mistakes with the 24 hour news cycle and the rigours of a campaign.

For my Country there is some good and Bad news whoever gets elected...Obama is probably much closer in the majority of social policy, but Romney's energy policies would benefit us as he wants to build a very crucial pipeline from Alberta into the States.

Last edited:
One more video to liven this thread up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Romney seems rather keen on blowing stuff up ie Iran. The rich paying less tax. Screwing the enviroment and the current health care reforms. Seems like a vote winner in the states for sure.

I really haven't seen this with Romney, if anything he sticks to script too much and is rather vague on his ideas.

Edit: Not to say there have been ZERO gaffes from Romney, it's a certainty to make mistakes with the 24 hour news cycle and the rigours of a campaign.

For my Country there is some good and Bad news whoever gets elected...Obama is probably much closer in the majority of social policy, but Romney's energy policies would benefit us as he wants to build a very crucial pipeline from Alberta into the States.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/26/mitt-romney-olympics-blunder

He also forgot Milliband's name ... called him 'Mr Leader'

One more video to liven this thread up:

This and the Samuel L Jackson videos cracked me up. Suppose I'm an Obama supporter, though that's mostly because he's not a complete and utter intolerant homophobic wankstain like Romney. Obama does need tp get rid of the 'We need change' ****, and actually change **** instead... Though he's the man for the job if anythings gonna change for the good over there. Can't help but feel that Romney will just drag the US straight into the past, and then bomb the **** out of Iran while dragging us into it and getting a **** load of British troops killed for no reason...

EDIT: Also... by the people, for the people, EAGLE! Fecking genius!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/26/mitt-romney-olympics-blunder

He also forgot Milliband's name ... called him 'Mr Leader'

The Milliband one is bad, the Olympics comments I don't really understand as being a gaffe(unless being honest to British citizens is now a gaffe), I think there were plenty of people worried about the preparations going into the games. Maybe Romney shouldn't have said anything, though it's a bit rich coming from the UK(and especially the Guardian) who eviscerated the Vancouver games as the worst Olympic games ever after just two days(which were bad days granted).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/29/worst-olympics-ever-vancouver-london-revenge

Last edited:
The Milliband one is bad, the Olympics comments I don't really understand as being a gaffe(unless being honest to British citizens is now a gaffe), I think there were plenty of people worried about the preparations going into the games. Maybe Romney shouldn't have said anything, though it's a bit rich coming from the UK(and especially the Guardian) who eviscerated the Vancouver games as the worst Olympic games ever after just two days(which were bad days granted).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/29/worst-olympics-ever-vancouver-london-revenge

To be fair Romney should never have opened his mouth about the Olympics. Has / Will have put him in some sort of bad light with some. Still think the guy's a tool.

Oh never pay attention to British media, their all knobs in the end. Hell and I say that with my sister working in it and aspiring to work at the Guardian...
Romney made a huge muck up by slagging it off on the eve of the games when the whole nation was getting into Olympic fever, Mr.Idiot himself Boris Johnson slamming him down was glorious!
The whole 'Welsh' connection was bullshit too, his wifes recipe for Welsh cakes was shite...

Latest posts