Elsom to stay

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Mar 27, 2009.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Excellent news.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

excellent news indeed, losing both Contepomi and Elsom would have been a huge blow, this softens it somewhat but would be extremely pleased if the Ross signing could be pulled off.

4. Gerry Thornley and Peter O'Reilly seem to be the two journalists most in the know with regards rugby here. The fact that Thornley reported this above, say, David Kelly means to be there must be something behind it rather than a journalist just flying a kite.

5. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

Give us back our damned players you greedy ******** <_<

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

pay them better then :p

7. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Well it looks like the Reds won this battle so ha ha all NSW's supporters.

8. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Won what battle? Is he staying or going?

I'm a huge fan as he's been simply fantastic since he arrived. None of this mercenary salary grabbing nonsense, hes been playing good hard rugby all year.

A great signing. A great example of what a lot of the SH imports should be doing but arent.

9. QLD

QLD Guest

I'm a Leinster fan so its better than seeing than seeing him there instead of the Waratahs. I still think the Wallabies are going to miss him big time come the Tri Nations.

10. The plot thickens:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

11. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

Seems very speculative.

"There is every chance he could come back. That will come out with time, but we are reasonably positive."

And that sounds about as reserved as it goes.

At the same time though, I don't know why he wouldn't go back. He should be able to make the Australia team again and it makes little sense to me that he wouldn't want to go back to his home.

12. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Yeah plenty still to be said about this one.

I can only hope he stays, but if he goes, well he'll always be a favourite at the RDS.

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

he'll earn far more money by staying than he would by going back, given his quality there's no question of his world cup place being under any sort of threat and even if he stays another season he'll still be back in time for the following season's Super 14 and Tri Nations.

14. The will he stay/won't he stay debate is up there with the will he sign/won't he sign debate of last season. Here's the latest:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!