Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like more trials to take place

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gingergenius

We've had enough debate over this, let's see what people think.

I dont like how there's different rules in the different hemispheres. The scrum is now a much more dangerous weapon as its very difficult to stop the attacking team getting over the advantage line. The one with the corner flags is good as well, as they are on the pitch and therefore a part of it. NH now has 4? of the ELV's implemented which is great news. :) As i always feel the play is too "old fashioned".

I dont like how there's different rules in the different hemispheres. The scrum is now a much more dangerous weapon as its very difficult to stop the attacking team getting over the advantage line". [/b]

What I'd like to see is how many scrums have been turned or how many times the opposing team has put a serious shove on to put pressure on the team with the put in during this year's Super14.

Having players standing five meters back is all good and well and a very good rule. But it means diddly squat if teams don't compete properly for the ball and especially if the feed is crooked which almost removes the competition element of the scrum. I'm sorry but the reason why Brian Moore goes on about it all the time is because he has a motherf*ckin' point, *****es! A point that Paddy O'Brien has consistently failed to pick up on, even when savaged by Brian Moore and others in person on more than one occassion.

You cant be allowed to pull down a maul its dangerous and just plain daft. In forward play a good rolling maul,although quite difficult to coach is a prime attacking weapon and integral to the entire basis of our sport.

What I'd like to see is how many scrums have been turned or how many times the opposing team has put a serious shove on to put pressure on the team with the put in during this year's Super14.
[/b]
It happens more then ever, watch any Force game, as we have probably the weakest scrum in the competition we are regularly turned in scrummaging, happens plenty of times every week....

Watch the Blues (except in the Waratahs game) to show that it is still possible to f*** a team's scrum over if they aren't capable of handling the heat.

i think the results of this poll are fairly conclusive... which is what will probably happen anyway. I'm still not convinced, but so long as the free-kicks/ lineouts/ ruck ones get binned then I won't be too upset.

i think the results of this poll are fairly conclusive... which is what will probably happen anyway. I'm still not convinced, but so long as the free-kicks/ lineouts/ ruck ones get binned then I won't be too upset. [/b]
What's wrong with the line-out ones?

<div class='quotemain'> i think the results of this poll are fairly conclusive... which is what will probably happen anyway. I'm still not convinced, but so long as the free-kicks/ lineouts/ ruck ones get binned then I won't be too upset. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

The advantage is with the throwing team. It's significantly decreased if they don't get to dictate how many people should be in the lineout. And also from what I've read, the locks aren't too happy with it.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> i think the results of this poll are fairly conclusive... which is what will probably happen anyway. I'm still not convinced, but so long as the free-kicks/ lineouts/ ruck ones get binned then I won't be too upset. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

The advantage is with the throwing team. It's significantly decreased if they don't get to dictate how many people should be in the lineout. And also from what I've read, the locks aren't too happy with it. [/b][/quote]
One of the major reasons they made this change was that until now the numbers in the line out has been so incredibly shambolically refereed that it hasn't really mattered whether or not the attacking team has dictated numbers in the line out or not... as such this is really more a rule change that accepts what actually happens in a game, so not sure how it will decrease the advantage to the throwing team in practice. In any case the RFU were staunchly against lifting in the lineout because they felt it gave the attacking team too much of an advantage, so you'd think they'd be pleased if a new rule somewhat diminished that.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

The advantage is with the throwing team. It's significantly decreased if they don't get to dictate how many people should be in the lineout. And also from what I've read, the locks aren't too happy with it. [/b][/quote]

The rules for the lineouts have changed! Ages and ages ago you could throw as many as you would like into the line but the rule cahnged.
I reckon its a good rule and should stick! It might mean the defense have the advanatage as they could either throw more in the line than the opposition or could throw more out to defend in the backline!

Also, now that the numbers don't have to be exactly the same in the line out, teams can get on with the business of, oh I don't know, taking a line out without the ref suddenly stopping everything because one team had one less at the line out than was mandated!

Bingo. Most of the time the ref never even noticed, but occasionally they one or two would decide to be pedantic and slow everything up.

Here is an interesting question. The answer to which exposes the rather haphazard and shambolic nature to which the iRB have handled this whole saga:

Where was iRB chief executive Mike Miller on Saturday the 26th of April, 2008 on the day of the Heineken Cup Semi-Final between London Irish and Toulouse at Twickenham.

The answer? At the Chelsea vs Manchester United game, sitting next to or at least near Fabio Capello.

Next question. How long before both sides of the ELV divide loose all remaining respect that they may (or indeed may not) have for the iRB?

Discuss.

That is an incredibly stupid answer. He is the chief executive of the ruling body of the game and he snubs the semi final of one of its biggest club competitions to go watch another sport.

That is not free time. Its his damn job to promote the sport not ignore it to watch football.

I take it your talking about Syd Millar. Mike Miller is a good movie name though

The game is more popular than its ever been teams are allready playing more and more free flowing rugby Why try and fix whats not broken? Many of the rule changes are so minor theres no point implementing them others are just stupid pulling down the maul legal what the f***? World rugby oficails are retards theyve decided to have different rules for each leage lol what a joke. Only its not funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts