• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ELVs - England, Ireland and Wales *OPT* out

And Rugby wins.

f*** you SANZAR. League is league, leave it that way.
[/b]
That's quite a typical response. How many 40+ point beatings must it take before the Home Nations see that they are being left in the dust in terms of rugby quality.
Shame...

<div class='quotemain'>
And Rugby wins.

f*** you SANZAR. League is league, leave it that way.
[/b]
That's quite a typical response. How many 40+ point beatings must it take before the Home Nations see that they are being left in the dust in terms of rugby quality.
Shame...
[/b][/quote]
Lets not go there mmkay? This'll only turn into a 30+ page debate on why the ELV's are WINNORZ/SUXXORZ. I would have liked to see them trialed next season, and I think it's unfair that the 3 home nations haven't even bothered trialling them before judging.

Yeah, lets see you use the precious ELVs on muddy NH pitches. We play forwards based rugby up here because of the conditions matey.

Half the time you guys in the SH can't match northern pack but win because of the far superior backs generated by the better suited conditions to running. (we'll forget how dire the NH teams are at the moment, a bot in the copy book).

The ELVs, exspecially the pulling down of mauls, will kill the NH game. Consitions simply aren't suited in the north for the League paced game you see in the SH.

In theory yes, like in theory the ELVs are suppose to be a kicking fest with the 22m rule. Mite we've done this already, you can't judge until you've trialled them. If I remember correctly the ELVs were trialled in Scotland in their early phases, and they just kept building momentum from there so you put 2 and 2 together on that one.

Yeah, lets see you use the precious ELVs on muddy NH pitches. We play forwards based rugby up here because of the conditions matey.

Half the time you guys in the SH can't match northern pack but win because of the far superior backs generated by the better suited conditions to running. (we'll forget how dire the NH teams are at the moment, a bot in the copy book).

The ELVs, exspecially the pulling down of mauls, will kill the NH game. Consitions simply aren't suited in the north for the League paced game you see in the SH. [/b]
Doesn't explain why the WRU have put up such a fuss, Wales' pack has never been dominent! The ELV's are perfect for the style we play here in Wales (even though I have my reservations), yet they have decided not to give them a go. I was just starting to look forward to seeing them implemented. Shame.

Can understand why the RFU have done it though. Englands game revolves around pummelling a team up front, utilising a good kicking game with a powerfull driving maul. I don't like the way they play, but as Mite has said, that's rugby UNION. There's many different ways teams can play and be successfull. NZ proves, running rugby can and often is the best way, but England proves that grinding out a win can also pay dividends. Good on the RFU for giving the IRB the finger! One more thing, weren't everyone hailing the Wales v Fiji game in the RWC as one of the greatest specticles of all time, so running rugby is acheivable under the current laws...........

Once again a topic that starts poor with a poor attack and is only going to get nasiter and more personal!

Stevo-o mate stop with the little sniping comments up there, is that the article ***le?

No its not .... so why the hell make it so personal, if the NH dont want to trial the ELV's im sorry thats their decision not yours or the SH!

Well where I come from Cymro when you commit yourself to something and then suddenly pull out, it's called pussying out.
Or is changing your mind a British custom you hold quite dear?

1. Im not British im Welsh (and no dont start it either)
2. When you pull out there is a valid reason that it might just not work
3. There must be something they are unsure and whether it will work hence they have stopped it
4. Its not always pussying out!

*grabs popcorn*

hot-buttered-popcorn.jpg

This is gonna be good!

*grabs popcorn*

hot-buttered-popcorn.jpg

This is gonna be good! [/b]

Im pretty much going to bow out from this thread before people start getting personal for no reason! The fact of the matter John O'Neill is getting upset because he is getting out-priced for Australia to have the chance to host the World Cup again! If he cant have his own way he starts moaning all the bloody time. At the end of the day, the home nations boards are well within their rights to not trial the laws!

1. Im not British im Welsh (and no dont start it either)
2. When you pull out there is a valid reason that it might just not work
3. There must be something they are unsure and whether it will work hence they have stopped it
4. Its not always pussying out!
[/b]
It actually shows how cowardly those 3 Unions are. When all the big boys from the iRB and SANZAR were there they folded and actually accepted more ELVs than the S14 used! Now it's crunch time to start preparing for the new season and they drop the whole thing.
That's pussying out 101.
Poor ethics.

Im pretty much going to bow out from this thread before people start getting personal for no reason![/b]
It was personal as soon as the ***le was created. I have no problem with the British game being played under the old rules for another season, but I would have liked to see the ELV's trialled nonetheless.
Oh well, I guess it's back to that boring rugby that we've had to endure since the World Cup. The rugby that's hated World-Wide, you know, except in Great Britain, where us British mutants blindly support the laws despite popular (and correct) belief being the contrary to what we think.
:rolleyes:

********, useless pricks. They could have at least trialled the rules in a minor competition, i mean FFS! I initially hated the ELV's but i've come around and now support them fully. Even the rule pertaining to the pulling down of mauls which i thought at first to be a blaspheme against the traditions of rugby. The SA NZ test showed that a good team can still set up a mighty maul and use it effectively!

I think the UK is just scared of being walloped even more than they are currently. (This is where the testier UK members get ready to post a fiery rebuke to my comments)

I think the UK is just scared of being walloped even more than they are currently. (This is where the testier UK members get ready to post a fiery rebuke to my comments)
[/b]
Walloped? Oh totally. We saw how Ireland got hammered against New Zealand and Australia, and how Wales got stuffed when they found form in the second test. If anything, the ELV's would suit Wales, so think before making personal and offensive comments; they seem to be a common trait among South Africans. And yeh, I realise that is hypocritical and ironic in the highest possible order, so don't bother pointing it out ok? 'k.
Finally, I see us testy UK members aren't allowed to rebut such a twattish claim or else we'll be claimed fiery and out of line. Oh well, go ahead and spout rubbish, I shouldn't expect much more since everytime the ELV's are brought up in a conversation we are subject to clichés that span 80 pages and are brought up with the intention solely to annoy another user or certain group of users.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Walloped? Oh totally. We saw how Ireland got hammered against New Zealand and Australia, and how Wales got stuffed when they found form in the second test. If anything, the ELV's would suit Wales, so think before making personal and offensive comments; they seem to be a common trait among South Africans. And yeh, I realise that is hypocritical and ironic in the highest possible order, so don't bother pointing it out ok? 'k.
Finally, I see us testy UK members aren't allowed to rebut such a twattish claim or else we'll be claimed fiery and out of line. Oh well, go ahead and spout rubbish, I shouldn't expect much more.
[/b][/quote]

Well, who's making "personal and offensive comments now" ay? The UK actually contains many millions of people, its not a single person, perhaps you mistook me. By "UK" i meant United Kingdom (you should know this, you live there), so really i wasn't insulting you or anyone else personally, but rather the Rugby Unions which are so backward and selfish.

Also, who said you aren't allowed to argue back? I certainly never said so. As for spouting rubbish, i feel my comments are fully justified, the Home Nations aren't even going to trial the laws after all.

Latest posts