• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Emerging nations in 10 years time

i think samoa will be in the top 5 in the rankings in about 10 years time they have already massively improved expessialy in the south african quadrangular series where they beat scotland for the first time ever (but our best players where in australia at the time so...). and also beating italy for the first time as well. but by scoring well worked try's.

japan will also be in merge into the top 10 as they improved alot

i think georgia will have a strong team near future

^ errrr dude, top 5 ?! That's pretty elite company there, that means they're kicking either England or France or Wales out of the top 5...
Also: they beat Italy before that, twice....

There's something people aren't taking into consideration about USA Rugby, their approach has changed for the better because they're aggressively targetting the growth of college rugby. Hell, the College Sevens is shown on Open to Air Tv every year! I don't even think the Eagles get that sort of coverage. Take into consideration that even though pro sports move so much money, it is actually college sports that are the most popular. I mean, just look at which team has the biggest stadium in the country, that's right, the U of Michigan Wolverines. If they are able to get NCAA status for the sport then they could start becoming a bigger force.

i think samoa will be in the top 5 in the rankings in about 10 years time

I highly doubt that. Of the current top 5 they have only beaten one of the teams (Australia) and even then only once. The rest are unbeaten against Samoa. It will be hard to be a top 5 team when you can't actually beat the top 5. Also you have the chance of Ireland having a revival and jumping above Samoa again.

Nations that I think will rise (in no particular order): USA, Canada, Romania, Georgia, Brazil, Poland, Germany, Japan, Zimbabwe
Nations that might fall a bit from their current status: Argentina, Scotland, Spain, Uruguay, Russia

In my opinion it would be stupid if we decline after we are playing more often with the super powers. I mean, we should improve our level, even if we lose. We can learn more things by playing against NZ, AU, and SA than playing against Chile, Uruguay or Brazil.

Latest posts