• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

End of season run in.

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Exeter
With 3 games to go, top 2 almost nailed on, Chiefs looking on for first place and 3rd and 4th place still wide open.

This thread is for predictions and thoughts about what will happen between now and the play offs.

1. Chiefs
2. Saracens
3. Wasps
4. Leicester

Chiefs to beat Tigers
Saracens to beat Wasps, just

Chiefs to beat Saracens, again, only just. That said this is the first finish to the season in a while that Saracens haven't had to worry about Europe so they could just blow everyone out of the water.

I'd go with that summary.

I don't think the running order from 1-3 will change. The fight for 4th is close and will probably be decided when Leicester play Newcastle at Welford Road. Leicester have really turned a corner and I expect them to make the play-offs. Newcastle really needed to beat Worcester IMO.

I think Wasps' challenge will be linked to how quickly Cipriani returns from being knocked out on Friday. He may well miss the run in, but I'd imagine he'll be OK for the play-offs.

I think

Chiefs
Sarries
Wasps
Tigers

(Same as toby above)

Yeh id like to see sale step up and get that 5th spot/put in a challenge fir 4th but dont think they will get there.

Chiefs should beat tigers
Sarries will beat wasps more comfortably IMO

Final could go either way but am confident chiefs can have them.

Great to see it not just being top 4 being obvious with no other contenders.

Big performances needed from the young lads at chiefs, J Simmonds has beem trusted with leading the chiefs and has done well, kept his head and produced so top class ball for the team.

1. Chiefs (F)
2. Saracens (C)
3. Wasps
4. Tigers

With Saracens going out of Europe early I just can't see them failing to win the AP. Not only will they not be stretched so thinly (they looked knackered last year against Chiefs) I reckon they'll have a real determination to win domestically that hasn't quite been there for a couple of years.

Also I think the semi-finals will be fairly comfortable for both home sides, Chiefs vs Wasps and Saracens vs Tigers would probably make for better matches.

As a Bath fan, this is going to be a depressing thread

Not as depressing as it is for Quins fans. As far as our run-in is concerned, I can't see us picking up any more wins (or points TBH) and I'm expecting a likely slide to 11th.

I agree I think Worcester could even move above both Northampton and Harlequins if they end their season well.

I agree with everyone else about the top 4. If Newcastle had won this weekend then I might have said them, but now I think they might struggle. Having said that Newcastle's last 3 games are against their top 4 rivals, so it's in their hands. Big game for them is against Sale. Sale need to beat both Newcastle and Leicester to have a chance. I don't see them beating Exeter away. Leicester should pick up a bonus point against Northampton based on form. Wasps should be fine with Northampton and Worcester to play.

We've picked up a few injuries in the backs which harms our run in.
If Haley cops a ban for his hit on Bassett we'll be missing our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice full backs.
We've got Falcons away, Exeter away and Tigers home.
Pessimistically I could see us losing against all three. We have terrible away form at falcons, tigers are hitting excellent form and chiefs are crushing everyone atm.
Optimistically I could see us getting a win and a couple of losing BPs. Falcons form is slipping whereas were hitting our stride atm, so we should target this.
Exeter game could be one of those high scoring affairs where they've run in 7 tries so aren't that arsed that we sneak 4.
Tigers is last game of the season so everyone raises their game, we've a decent home record and have best tigers at AJ Bell a few times. If they've already secured top 4 then one eye on the playoffs could see us sneak it

Latest posts