• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

End to rugby star attack inquiry

C

Cymro

Wales rugby player Mike Phillips has asked police to drop an investigation into an assault that hospitalised him.

The scrum-half was left with facial injuries after being attacked outside a nightclub in Cardiff city centre during the early hours of Sunday, 19 October.

A spokesman for his club, Swansea-based Ospreys, said at the time the attack had been reported to police.

But South Wales Police have now said Phillips, 26, does not want to take the matter any further.

It was reported that a crowd of people gathered around the injured 6ft 3ins, 16 st (101kg) scrum half who appeared knocked out after the attack on Mill Lane at 0415.

He was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure and was discharged later that day.

'Not wishing to proceed'

An Ospreys spokesman said at the time: "The matter has now been reported to the police and we await the outcome of their investigations."

The inquiry however has now been dropped by police on the instruction of Phillips, who has 33 caps for Wales.

A South Wales Police spokeswoman said: "Due to the reporting person not wishing to proceed, there will be no further police action in relation to this matter."

Phillips, who is a former Cardiff Blues and Scarlets player, had minor keyhole surgery only the week before the attack on a knee injury that has sidelined the player since March this year. He is expected to return to action in December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7711075.stm

Wonder why? I know why ....

So, Mike Phillips is beaten up by an unknown assailant.

Lesley Vainikolo beats up an unknown man.

Why can't the police put 2 & 2 together?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 5 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 5 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 5 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder why? I know why ....[/b]
As do I...

[/b][/quote]

Oh you do you? .... Let's hear your version then ... :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]
... No... :rolleyes:

:p Because he's a meathead and it's clear that he started the ruckus. Unless he is genuinely not bothered about having his beautiful face defiled by vicious thugs...
:rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 5 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 5 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 5 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 5 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder why? I know why ....[/b]
As do I...

[/b][/quote]

Oh you do you? .... Let's hear your version then ... :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]
... No... :rolleyes:

:p Because he's a meathead and it's clear that he started the ruckus. Unless he is genuinely not bothered about having his beautiful face defiled by vicious thugs...
:rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

Do you want to know why? The CCTV footage shows him hitting and provoking the bloke first!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 5 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you want to know why? The CCTV footage shows him hitting and provoking the bloke first![/b]
THE TRUTH? THE TRUTH?!?! I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRU-
nuclearExplosion.jpg

Where'd you learn that then? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That didn't answer my question! D:
I wouldn't put it past Phillips, though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 5 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That didn't answer my question! D:
I wouldn't put it past Phillips, though.[/b]

Surley it did B)

I cant reveal them but just say I know people who where there at the time and a person who has seen the CCTV!

I've talked to Mike Phillips a couple of times on a night out in Cardiff in Liquid and such places and he's a genuinely nice guy.
Alcohol makes he do silly things regardless of who you are, but i don't accept any notions that he's this arrogant so and so off the field.
Maybe he did start the fracard that went on, but i've done that in the past, and so have a lot of others. It takes a few nasty jibes from across the street to really wind you up and hte physicalities ensue.
I'm just arguing for him considering no one here is doing that nor do they really know him or what really went on...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 8 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've talked to Mike Phillips a couple of times on a night out in Cardiff in Liquid and such places and he's a genuinely nice guy.
Alcohol makes he do silly things regardless of who you are, but i don't accept any notions that he's this arrogant so and so off the field.
Maybe he did start the fracard that went on, but i've done that in the past, and so have a lot of others. It takes a few nasty jibes from across the street to really wind you up and hte physicalities ensue.
I'm just arguing for him considering no one here is doing that nor do they really know him or what really went on...[/b]

The fact that my source has seen the video of the incident tells me that he knows what went on, Im not judging him or his character but saying their was evidence to show that Mike was at fault!

I once spent 3 weeks in the heath recovering from a head injury. Had a small blood clot that sent me a bit wierd.

First thing I did on getting out was to go for a beer or few :)

Pretty dumb realy, still felt like a super hero to have survived.

Acted rude I guess and some one wacked me off my seet good and proper, blood everywhere.

They left pronto as I sat there bleeding all over my shirt determined to finish my beer.

Talk about stupid.

But then we all do it once upon a time.

Luckily I want famous and could just walk slowly to the door, beer finished, and after a few weeks folks had forgotten.

Taught me a lesson though ..never fight when ratted :)

Latest posts