• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I think its time we put Genge to first choice to get him real gametime against strong opposition and move Mako to the bench as the impact sub.

Our pack pretty strong though.
Genge LCD Sinks, agressive front row
Itoje Hill(or launch when fit)
Underhill Dombrandt(8) Curry (Willis will be back when fit i hope, i still like the sound of Willis Curry and Dombrandt back row)

Looking like 15 is pretty stocked now with Staward Malins Daly.

All i want to know is what is EJs plans for Faz and 12, and i just hope its not Faz at 12. Or Faz at 10 and no gametime
for Smith.

Im generally pretty.happy with our team and mix of experience and youth.

i think the midfield will be the one we're all watching out for...to see how Jones plays it.

Slade, Farrell, Lawrence, Marchant are probably the 4 candidates at the moment...

If Tuilagi's not fit, he shouldn't be too far off. IIRC, his injury over the summer was fairly minor?

Personally, I'd like to see us use him at 12 with someone other than Slade at 13.

If Tuilagi's not fit, he shouldn't be too far off. IIRC, his injury over the summer was fairly minor?
Yeah, he would've been fit for the tests but not been able to train beforehand so that's why he was out

Can we really rely on Manu these days though? I know what he brings is something we just dont have...but hes more fragile than a bit of China these days...

I'd rather us leave Manu out until the WC year. I just think long term it's our/ his best decision to make sure his body is in the right place for the WC. We arnt going to learn anything by playing him as we know he's one of the best out there.

Manage his body by having him in the eps but not playing him? Let him rest?

So do all the England LIons have to rest for a period...will that mean they miss a few of the AI's? That could force Eddies had...with the likes of Farrell etc.

I'd rather us leave Manu out until the WC year. I just think long term it's our/ his best decision to make sure his body is in the right place for the WC. We arnt going to learn anything by playing him as we know he's one of the best out there.

Manage his body by having him in the eps but not playing him? Let him rest?
This. It may be demotivating for MAnu himself, but it's probably what's best for him, and certainly what's best for England, as it allows us to find alternatives. If he's fit and in any sort of form, he can always come back in for the RWC warm-ups.
So do all the England LIons have to rest for a period...will that mean they miss a few of the AI's? That could force Eddies had...with the likes of Farrell etc.
10 weeks, but I'm not entirely sure if that starts from final whistle of final test, return to GB.
It'll be the weekend of 16th October. If it's from final whistle, then Sunday matches will be fine, if from return to GB they won't. It would seem silly for different clubs to be affected differently depending on that vagary, but silly and rugby admin go hand in hand

TBF it's prob demotivating playing for Sale regardless.
Basically playing all your home game in a forever lockdown of no live fans.

vs

Leicester

I know which I'd prefer
I'm a non biased saints fan, but I'd rather play for sale than Leicester.

It's also not fair that they keep Dan Kelly, I think he should be given to another club. Keep Genge though, although I got the impression he'd love to move to Exeter.

Will the 50-22 rule dictate that Eddie picks more kickers..? Ie Daly might have missed out...but now as a monster kicker...he might get a new lease of life..?

I think the rule opens up the more playmaking type 15's.
Might give Malins more of a chance TBH either he has space and therefore more room to open up or doesn't but more space behind the defensive line to kick.

On the other hand it is a lot more important to have a 15 with great awareness and the ability to handle kicks more often.

Yep. I think 50-22 fail really benefit 10s with good tactical kicking games, playmaking 15s and teams with good lineouts.

It's one of the reasons I'm tipping Tigers to do well this season. Ford's kicking combined with a good lineout is going to make them very dangerous and when they don't have the ball, Steward's positioning and reliability under the high ball will make them hard to kick to (he can also wallop it back too).

Latest posts