• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Thats good news about Manu! But im kind of automatically expecting the inevitable "Manu has picked up a ** injury"

Is there a squad being picked this week? Is it just a training camp?

Didn't realise there was a training camp this soon into the season!

I wonder who'll be named as captain if the Lions guys are rested - Genge?
Anyone but Ludlow, I beg you

Not saying there is Oly, just one of my pals thought there was a squad being picked on Tuesday...?

I thought it was a bit early aswell...

Personally Manu shouldn't play a single international game till the end of season summer games.
We really need to learn to play without him and let's be real he's not hard to just slot in.

Reckon you may see Lynagh in this camp just so Eddie can work out whether he's worth the effort to try and poach tbh

Yeah, I'm surprised he wasn't in over the summer (or did he turn down an invite?)
The RFU will be keen to lock him down ASAP

Depends how he feels about Australia. With the Aussies changing their eligibility now...Lynagh can play for them despite not playing in Australia.

No don't you remember Lynagh snr posting stuff on twitter about it
Ah yeah, I do remember that now
Depends how he feels about Australia. With the Aussies changing their eligibility now...Lynagh can play for them despite not playing in Australia.
Or Italy - was born there

I think he'll choose England if Aus don't call him his Autumn - he's said in interviews in the past that he views himself as Australian (or at least did at the time) - but money talks and if England are offering him a spot it'll be very tempting

Is he as good as some of our others though? He doesnt look as good as say Sleightholme, who i would definitely have in this squad...or Hassell Collins etc...?

Personally I don't think Eddie would've been happy with the twitter comments.
Pretty much shut down Cips completely after he talked to the press

wing wise I would have him behind Radwan, OHC, Slieghtholme and Loader

Controversial but I think OHC is the better of the two between him and Loader

Will be interesting to see what happens with the back 3 - Nowell is back playing again now,
Watson and Daly to come back from Lions lay off
May is....playing. Not necessarily well, but he's still in the mix
Malins getting games on the wing will strengthen his case
Steward looking like the best 15 England has had in a long time
Marchant been used on the wing in the past (I could see Eddie having a Malins/Marchant wing combo at some point)

Then all the guys above pushing for spots - where are the spots going to come from?

Apparently May has said hes been posting his fastest 100m times ever...and is feeling refreshed after a summer off etc.

Josh Hodge looked composed for Chiefs v Tigers aswell....

George Martin was MOM in that game aswell...and was outstanding...

Martin looked very good not sure he is a winger though

Honestly Hodge I could see being viewed as a winger later on. A lot of teams seem to like wings who can cover 15 and he has that natural speed.

Apparently May has said hes been posting his fastest 100m times ever...and is feeling refreshed after a summer off etc.
Finished a decent try in the corner for Gloucester on the weekend, but hard to judge how he looks in a side that misfires as much as them

Feel he'll need to show some special form to stay ahead of the amount of youngsters snapping at his heels

Honestly I don't see Eddie dropping May just yet.
Same, tbh

If everyone were available (and I'm not sure they will be, cause Lions), from our Six Nations squad:

Elliot Daly --> Stay
Max Malins --> Stay
Jonny May --> Stay
Paolo Odogwu --> Gone (for Marchant, as another wing/13? Or for Nowell? Nowell's been injured so much I can't remember how EJ feels about him)
Anthony Watson --> Stay

Latest posts