• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I think we'll probably see something like this come the 6 nations / AIs (if all available).
It'll deal with some issues but perpetuate some as well. Smith will not look as good with that centre combo and everyone will say he's overrated when actually the team is still set up ****. Simmonds continue to be average and people will turn off but that'll make Jones pick him for some reason noone gets and he'll drop Underhill for Lawes at 6 by the end of the 6N.

1. Genge 2. LCD 3. Sinks
4. Itoje 5. Hill
6. Curry 7. Underhill
8. Dombrandt

9. Youngs
10. Smith

12. Faz
13. Slade

11. May
14. Watson
15. Steward

16. George
17. Mako
18. Stuart
19. Lawes
20. Simmonds
21. Randall
22. Marchant
23. Malins

I think we'll probably see something like this come the 6 nations / AIs (if all available).
It'll deal with some issues but perpetuate some as well. Smith will not look as good with that centre combo and everyone will say he's overrated when actually the team is still set up ****. Simmonds continue to be average and people will turn off but that'll make Jones pick him for some reason noone gets and he'll drop Underhill for Lawes at 6 by the end of the 6N.

Hey if ford had to deal with it I demand smith does too

Looking forward to seeing Hill and Simmonds vs the Boks next month
Going to be a blood bath, and (as NMBS mentions) the flanks will get the blame and one of Cunderhill will be dropped for Lawes

Tigers supporter rates tigers player over other good options. Yawn.

frinkiac GIF

Pointing out that a tigers supporter rates a tigers player over other good options is equally as yawning.

Quotes from Eddie: "We are now selecting for the World Cup in mind.

"Some of the experienced players we have left out we feel it is a good time for them to refresh and get ready for a spot.

"The door is not closed, they have to refresh, refocus and challenge again. I'm sure you have asked someone for a date and been knocked back."

Be interesting to see when the AIs come around if he resorts back to the old guys after this training squad. Presuming that he doesn't would like to see something like:

Marler, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Curry, Underhill, Dombrandt
Randall, Smith, Watson, Tuilagi, Slade, Radwan, Steward

Subs: Blamire, Genge, Stuart, Lawes, Ludlam, Robson, Farrell, Malins
Like the balance in that team.

Dombrandt's skill set will enable Underhill and Curry to get involved more at breakdowns when a chance is there either slowing ball down or turnover, which in turn allows Itoje to be more of a nuisance as well.

The link between Dombrandt and Smith is well known.
Having Manu outside him will give Simth more space as the defenders are drawn to Manu.
There are runners off him and also off Slade if needed a bit wider.

Replacements are strong in forwards to give fresh legs, while there is cover across backline, Steward might have to cover Manu as the BIG centre, with Watson to FB and Malins to wing.

Steward is really an out and out 15. He's not got the attack to really be a attacking threat in the backline. (Granted he might well develop that more).
I would rather see someone like Malins potentially play at 13, and look to use his step/speed.

Potentially this AI could put quite a few of the missing jigsaw pieces in to place of this England side...certainly the backs...

9, 10, wing and 15 should be pretty much worked out.

Just leaves the perennial 12 and who will take over at 13.....

Here's a radical idea…..start picking players in their natural positions ! With luck it just might catch on…..

I mean that's all well and good but you can't really do that with 8 subs. Someone really will have to play out of position if injuries happen during a game.

Steward is really an out and out 15. He's not got the attack to really be a attacking threat in the backline. (Granted he might well develop that more).
I would rather see someone like Malins potentially play at 13, and look to use his step/speed.
But who would be the power back in midfield. We have seen with Farrell and Slade, it is very difficult to get any go forward.

Manu wont be fit for the AI's anyway so your all having a pointless discussison....

Lawrence v Marchant for 13...with my vote to Marchant....

Latest posts