• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Wow i just realised thats Mark Atkinson the Gloucester centre whos in the squad....i saw the Atkinson and assumed it was Charlie...at Wasps...

So hes being looked at, for the big centre option?

Some good, some bad. I'll wait to see who actually starts, maybe Ludlow is picked to hold tackle bags and let others get some game time.

Jones will get everyone's hopes up again and then just pick the old boys in the Squad…

He's not really a crashball merchant - more like Devoto where he's a playmaker who also has size
He started out at 10 for us, but we released him cause he wasn't that great there - he went to Championship and played 10 there for a season or two before switching to centre and kicking on massively

To be fair he's not a bad guy to include because he's an actual 12 - in fact he's the only legit 12 in the squad (Farrell and Manu obv play there too, but it's not their first choice position)

Just doesn't make sense to include him but not Devoto

Wow i just realised thats Mark Atkinson the Gloucester centre whos in the squad....i saw the Atkinson and assumed it was Charlie...at Wasps...

Honestly i expected Dan Kelly to get in, especially if we have Manu and Faz as 12s, there then would be a young 3rd choice who can develop. Plus gave a pretty good account of himself for a young player if i remember right.

Confused by Ludlow though given he was bang average before.

Is Dan Kelly injured? I thought he was a potential 12 for us going forward?

Is Dan Kelly injured? I thought he was a potential 12 for us going forward?
I think this summer was to get him locked in - whilst he's looked very good for Tigers he looked like someone who would've benefited more by being with the u20s over the summer

That said: I'd have still had him in the EPS. The age old question, though: Who misses out for him?
The only non-dead-certs (in Eddies eyes) in the centres are Lawrence and Atkinson - I'd have him there for Atkinson (neither likely to feature in a first choice side) but can see why EJ would rather have Atkinson

Kelly is a good prospect.
But @20 I don't see the need to fast track him really.

Hopefully learn a bit from Scott who has been great.

frinkiac GIF

Pointing out that a tigers supporter rates a tigers player over other good options is equally as yawning.
As a saints fan I don't rate Furbank over Steward. You can enjoy being a fan and not being one eyed.

The above is tongue in cheek mate but made me laugh. What's he like as a player though? Set piece or more of a mobile player? Or the rare both?

As a saints fan I don't rate Furbank over Steward. You can enjoy being a fan and not being one eyed.

The above is tongue in cheek mate but made me laugh. What's he like as a player though? Set piece or more of a mobile player? Or the rare both?
I agree with that.
And I don't rate Furbank over any of the other 10's…..Eddie seems to view him at 10 for some reason only known to him…

I agree with that.
And I don't rate Furbank over any of the other 10's…..Eddie seems to view him at 10 for some reason only known to him…

With the way Eddie plays with 2 10's starting I think he might want to try and have it so the 22 shirt is one of these 10/15's players, I could easily see Furbank or Malins being viewed for something like that.

Kelly is a good prospect.
But @20 I don't see the need to fast track him really.

Hopefully learn a bit from Scott who has been great.
Ah Scott is a class player...if he can learn for that guy we might finally have a classy 12 on our hands.....

Latest posts