• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Would Simmonds be there if Exeter's pack weren't dominating?
Dolly has done everything asked of him - can't blame him for scoring tries from mauls - Simmonds has made a career out of it and everyone harps on like he's the best 8 to have ever lived

What about him?
Well i think Simmonds has been doing it for nearly 2 years. Dolly 4 games. George is a trusted player.

I am surprised Earl wasn't selected that's all. Wasn't meant to be all caps .

I mean it's not silly... a hooker will always score a lot of tries in modern age due to generally picking up the ball at the back of the line out and then rumbling over. Doesn't show talent of one just talent of the group.

In no way's am i saying that he isn't good enough but for me i'd pick George.
Drop Blamire then - he's not even the best English hooker at his club! :D

Well he has the most line outs won, and has consistently high tackle count
Fair enough then, he's obviously doing a great job. I am still surprised though he was picked over George.
Same here, i'd take George and do think McGuigan is unlucky to miss out.

TBH i'm probably talking rubbish as irritated about Robson.

Also I wonder if EJ uses Martin at lock or in the back row? at 6ft 6 and 18.8 stone, he's a big boy.

Controversial opinion but I wouldn't have Martin in the EPS at all tbh,
If you want a big strong 6/lock hybrid who is also great in the lineout then you pick Isiekwe every day of the week

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 15.42.52.png
I don't get where the Martin love in comes from tbh

Not yet. But Jones is looking for 2 years down the line....by then the much more Physical Blamire should be some player (if he develops as we falcons hope)

McGuigan has experience, but Blamire is physical and explosive.

Much of this squad is looking towards that aswell....

For me I feel people might be reading too much into these selections, I reckon 6N's it will be more clear who Eddie is wanting
Your probably right... It could be a very different landscape by then.

Will be interesting to see how this changes the Prem landscape too. So they join up on 25th Oct and will be away until at least after 20 Nov. Also noticed all games live on Amazon Prime.

Interestingly to see how it effects teams like Leicester for example who will lose Youngs, Genge, Dolly, Martin, Steward, Wiese?, Van Standen etc but keep Ford whose in form.

If you want a big strong 6/lock hybrid who is also great in the lineout then you pick Isiekwe every day of the week

View attachment 12363

Typical trash take from a guy who supports a trash team

Also Martin is a better carrier and bigger hitter there I said it

View attachment 12363
Ohhh controversial... TBF Isiekwe looks in great form for Sarries.

I don't get where the Martin love in comes from
Isiekwe constantly missing out baffles me. He's consistent and a pretty decent player all round.

Ohhh controversial... TBF Isiekwe looks in great form for Sarries.

At least you both have some in the squad......

I know we are missing Odogwu, Launchbury, J Willis, Barbeary and Robson, Umaga have been left out but it still hurts...

Also I wonder if EJ uses Martin at lock or in the back row? at 6ft 6 and 18.8 stone, he's a big boy.
Surely he will eventually move to Lock permanently. His workrate, and tackling are right up there. And his carrying is improving. He'll naturally add on a bit of weight aswell..so could be over 19st. Thats a BIG mobile lock forward!

Is Ted HIll out because of his ban....or is he no longer in the running?

Your team is only successful because our 5th choice hooker is dragging the rest of you kicking and screaming over the tryline every week

Also being reported that Lynagh was spoken to by Eddie about reason he was left out and was very close. I'm braced for a Michael tweet.

Well I for one am looking forward to seeing Farrell play centre against Aus and SA. I think that will be a really interesting illustration of how he measures up and may well have a major impact on the structure of the team going into the 6N's and the 23 WC. (One can only hope!)

Assuming that Farrell does not play the full 80 in some of the games will also be interesting to see who is nominated to take over as captain.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes due to existing injuries.

From a squad development perspective there was absolutely no point in picking the 3 Sarries guys and Ford as Jones knows exactly what they can do and he could easily drop them back in for the 6N's. Pretty certain that McCall blowing smoke up their backsides in the press today will not have gone down very well either. Personally I would have taken the same view with Watson, especially with him coming off injured yesterday

At 9 I expect Randall and Quirke to share duties for Tonga with the winner of that duel on the bench for the next games as back up to Youngs (unfortunately)

Hookers are all a mystery to me. If you can win your line outs and drive successfully then they should all be scoring at least a try a game, so most of it probably comes down to the stats of who is the best thrower as long as his tackle stats add up

Expect to see a more expansive game against Tonga and then reversion to Youngs and Farrell kicking it away against the others. Farrell was even doing it against Bath yesterday when 40 points up and with an overlap! Would not be surprised to see Smith either give them some verbals about it or use Farrell as a decoy so he can get the ball to Radwan

Also being reported that Lynagh was spoken to by Eddie about reason he was left out and was very close. I'm braced for a Michael tweet.
Probably comes in when Watson doesn't recover.

Doesn't Lynagh need to be bought out of his Quins contract and relocate to Aus before he can be selected for them?

Surely he will eventually move to Lock permanently. His workrate, and tackling are right up there. And his carrying is improving. He'll naturally add on a bit of weight aswell..so could be over 19st. Thats a BIG mobile lock forward!

Is Ted HIll out because of his ban....or is he no longer in the running?
Think he's still banned.

Latest posts