• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Bit different the coach shouting at you as opposed to another player shouting at you for not chasing their crap kick.
There is a difference between supportive and abusive shouting though. Itoje is very much shouty shouty clap clap but probably doesn't shout that much criticism at others. Biggar on the other hand seems to shout nothing but abuse and criticism.

All you need is the ability to upset an entire country in 2 minutes flat by making their head of state dance to your tune.

Anyway looks like he's out longer than the 6n probably NZ summer tour and the AIs ..so we probably won't see him back.

So SB needs to decide on who's his man and who's the two coming through behind.

It's almost like a new squad and team for the 6n...there's very few actually inked in starters...

1 ?
2 George
3 Cole (and he's at the limit now)
4 Itoje
5? (Chessum or Martin)
6?
7?
8 Earl (for the moment)

9 Mitchell (for the moment)
10?
11?
12?
13 (Maybe Lawrence)
14?
15 Steward

With 6, 7 and 20 being up for grabs, I'd argue that underhill is probably nailed on for one of those shirts.

I'm guessing Genge at 1 and Manu at 12 are nailed on (for now) while we look for alternatives.

It's crazy how much of a forced rebuild is going to happen but really curious on the types of players he drafts in.

Interview with LCD in the Times. Keen to play for England again but accepting that's probably a fair way off. Still only has 70% power in his right arm.

I like him as a player and he's a bit of a character. I hope he can return, but if he can't get back to 100% there's a clear opening for Dan or whoever to get next in line behind George.

With 6, 7 and 20 being up for grabs, I'd argue that underhill is probably nailed on for one of those shirts.

I'm guessing Genge at 1 and Manu at 12 are nailed on (for now) while we look for alternatives.

It's crazy how much of a forced rebuild is going to happen but really curious on the types of players he drafts in.
Yeah I agree Underhill probably set gor the shirt...

If we go with Lawrence at 13 I'd rather move away from Manu...bring in Ojomoh or Atkinson etc...

There is a difference between supportive and abusive shouting though. Itoje is very much shouty shouty clap clap but probably doesn't shout that much criticism at others. Biggar on the other hand seems to shout nothing but abuse and criticism.
Sexton also has had some epic hissy fits. Neither Biggar or Sexton have had the hate Farrell has had over shouting. Both have also captained yet still have perceived 'issues how they talk to people'.

It's international test match rugby. Sometimes i wonder what people expect Biggar, Sexton etc to do...... Send strongly worded emails to HR. Maybe raise a formal grievance.

Sexton also has had some epic hissy fits. Neither Biggar or Sexton have had the hate Farrell has had over shouting. Both have also captained yet still have perceived 'issues how they talk to people'.
A] Biggar certainly does
B] They tend not to talk to shout at the ref

What internet warriors lose sight of is that by the time they reach Premiership standard, every player is 'far better than you are, were or ever will be'. Yes, even the 'rubbish' ones.

[That player you don't like] is still liable to perform some element of the game that is absolutely incredible by weekend warrior standards.

Farrell is an excellent rugby player, but I don't feel he's the best fly half for England because he's not visionary enough or spontaneous enough to see and take an opportunity. I don't think he's the best captain as he's not subtle enough or inspiring enough to be able to fulfil the role. I'm glad someone else is going to get a protracted run at it.

Half of Farrell's problem is that he's still playing. He'll be looked at much more positively after he's been retired for 5 or 10 years. Always happens.

But there's little doubt that he's not the influential player he was and that the iceman moniker, which was deserved for his goal kicking, has melted.

He's doing the best he can, you can never ever accuse him of lack of effort or commitment. So as Stuart Barnes said in the Times, save the ire for the coaches who either aren't getting the best out of him or who picked him when unwarranted.

But in the antisocial media era, I think people are just going to have to accept that crap goes with the territory - that genie's not going back in a bottle any time soon, distasteful as it may be.

that the iceman moniker, which was deserved for his goal kicking, has melted.
I did this analysis many seasons ago Farrell was on average worth ~3 points more a game than Ford (this back in Lancaster days so good luck finding the post) the kicking% disparity was never actually worth what many people were claiming.

I do blame the coaches for picking Farrell always have done and press bigging him up some kind of ***an of the game or a once in a generation talent. My complaints have never been directed as him as a person (except when mouthing off to refs) and how people attack him is complete unfair. Calling him a useless twat because he missed yet another overlap and kicked the ball away is one thing. Going after him and his family is quite another.

I did this analysis many seasons ago Farrell was on average worth ~3 points more a game than Ford (this back in Lancaster days so good luck finding the post) the kicking% disparity was never actually worth what many people were claiming.
3 points a game is actually kind of a lot though, no? It's not at all uncommon for international grudge matches to be decided by 3 points.

3 points a game is actually kind of a lot though, no? It's not at all uncommon for international grudge matches to be decided by 3 points.
Assuming I did it 2015. Only one England game was decided by 3 points or less and that was one they lost against Wales in RWC with Farrell kicking. Only 2 knockout games that world cup were decided by that margin and only 2 during the 6 nations.

I came to the conclusion it wasn't a relveant enough stat to pick your first choice fly half on.

I'm really haven't been the biggest Smith fan...but you know what..maybe its just time to give the guy the reigns..give him the support and see how he goes for the whole 6n...

Ford's playing (and kicking) like a bag of **** this season tbf
Should be Marcus start, Finn bench, Ford squad
Yeah Ford V Farrell is yesterdys arguement. We shouldn't be looking to either anymore.

Latest posts