• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

DisfiguredSoreGerenuk.gif

Is 32 at the next world cup really that old?

Sooo.... Nowell moved to fb after 4 mins vs Wuss after Dollman went off.... - the statistical result:

19 carries for 144m, 10 DB, 1CB.

Very impressive by all accounts.

Sooo.... Nowell moved to fb after 4 mins vs Wuss after Dollman went off.... - the statistical result:

19 carries for 144m, 10 DB, 1CB.

Very impressive by all accounts.

Yeh he was immense . I've been thinking it for a while because I doubt his slight lack of pace will show so much at FB

Do you think Roko is clearly faster that Nowell ?

Yeh he was immense . I've been thinking it for a while because I doubt his slight lack of pace will show so much at FB

Do you think Roko is clearly faster that Nowell ?

He's more of a like for like replacement with Brown and he has great acceleration past the first couple of defenders.

What's his kicking like?

He's only a like for like with Brown, in that he's got the ability to pretty much always beat the first man and great strength in contact.

His feet and all-round footballing ability is much higher than Brown's.

FB fundamentals were good at junior level, but it's hard to say until we see him play a few games there.

I'd rather Nowell goes to FB than Watson, to be honest.
I have more faith in his defence, I think (rightly?) his kicking is better, and I'd want to keep Watson's pace on the wing.

This is is all as long as it's not Ashton coming in to the vacant wing spot, mind.

Also, I'm in the minority, it seems, that wants Brown to stay at 15.

How about that former Wasps academy FB not Daly ermmmmmm Miller.

;)

Seriously prob best to ATM stick with Brown, If he form carries on being poopy have Noweel drop back.

What will happen now is a back 3 of
11) Watson
14) Ashton
15) Goode.

I fell Brown is good to have around as a senior player in a very young squad. His abrasiveness is a good attribute to have in the team.

Also my main issue is him never looking to pass, which he should be able to rectify. If he'd looked to make passes from the breaks he made in the six nations then I don't think as many people would be looking to replace him.

Last edited:
Do we need another fullback? I feel Watson/Nowell will be good enough cover for Marshall.

Is Marshall even England qualified?
Also, if he is, is he not locked to NZ by playing for their u20s? Or is that not their 2nd side? Cause NZ Maori haven't done anything for years

On the few occasions I've seen him, Hammersley at Falcons has looked quite good.

The Torygraph had him down as one of their wild card possibles for the tour. How good is he? Would he be getting more attention at a different club?

He's going alright - not seen anything from him skill or athleticism-wise that would suggest he should be a concern for England.

Latest posts