• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England and B&I International signs for Wellington Lions!!!

Good luck to him - was always a big fan of Flutey. Was very very good in his early years at Wasps, and then his breakthrough with England. Think he was quite underrated by many as the rest of his time with England coincided with us playing sh*t tactics that didn't really utilise his skills at all.

http://www.allblacks.com/News/25132/riki-flutey-signs-with-the-wellington-lions

Okay, I'm taking the **** a bit with the ***le. But Flutey has looked good playing for Petone. Not sure it's on his radar, but maybe a Canes recall. He's 34 but we did just lose one of our best performers at 12 in Alapati Leiua.

The Canes have also lost Tim Bateman for next season, so there is certainly room for another midfield back or 2 (especially considering Parkes is average and Vaega looked completely out of his depth). I'm not sure Flutey will be the best option (he is getting a bit old...), but if he plays well for Wellington he could be an option....

Well...

I guess you should stop capping players who play for New Zealand Maori...

I agree, if it was my team I'd just have hape at 12 and vainokolo at 13.....oh no wait haven't they got some southern heritage! I don't know why we didn't pick decent young English players and stick with them. Mental attitude by the coaches at the time

Latest posts