England EPS 2017/18 edition.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
So we have for the August training camp a squad of 37 players.

England training squad for Lensbury camp:

Forwards
Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers) – Monday only*
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)- Saturday only*
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
Nick Isiekwe (Saracens)
Maro Itoje (Saracens) – Saturday only*
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins) – Saturday only*
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)
Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens)

Backs
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Danny Care (Harlequins)
Nathan Earle (Saracens)
Owen Farrell (Saracens) – Saturday only*
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Piers Francis (Northampton Saints)
Alex Lozowski (Saracens)
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)
Joe Marchant (Harlequins)
Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs)
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs) – Monday only*
Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
Marcus Smith (Harlequins)
Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby) – Monday only*
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

'We want to be the number one team in the world'
"We are at an incredibly important stage with two years to go to the Rugby World Cup in Japan and there is still a big step to make if we want to be the number one team in the world," said Jones.
"We are going to have to be meticulous in a preparation in everything we do as we build towards Tokyo and that is why this camp is vital ahead of this season.
The camp will involve medical checkups, functional and rugby training, planning meetings and individual reviews as England begin their preparations for the upcoming Old Mutual Wealth Series.
The seven players involved with the Lions tour who have opted to attend the camp will not train and will only take part in medical check-ups, as well as coach and strength & conditioning reviews.
The home Old Mutual Wealth Series played in November will involve three Tests against Argentina, who England beat 2-0 in June; Australia, who have lost on the previous four occasions to England; and Samoa who last played England in 2014.
"The players, coaches and staff will use these three days to reconnect and ensure we are all clear on what our priorities and expectations are ahead of the Premiership season as well as the upcoming Old Mutual Wealth Series," added Jones.
Following two camps in August and September (Oxford), a final England squad will be announced on 26 October to play in the Old Mutual Wealth Series. England will travel to Portugal for a week's training camp at the end of October before final preparations begin at Pennyhill Park ahead of the first Test versus Argentina (11 November).

So how far into training after his medical are we betting Tuilagi will be injured again?

So how far into training after his medical are we betting Tuilagi will be injured again?

whenever the judo throwing starts.

Apparently he is the lightest he has been since 2012 season, apparently being the key word. So hopefully that will make a difference.

also incoming Marcus Smith will be a superstar the next Carter hype....

incoming Marcus Smith will be a superstar the next Carter hype....

I am led to believe that this is why Quins have signed a relatively low profile replacement for Evans (well that plus the fact we have no money).

How dare they split the Currys up
"Welcome to Pennyhill park, I know it's been a long drive so feel free to stroll around the grounds to loosen up before we meet up for a meeting in an hour"
*Manu tears a hamstring walking through a flower garden*

Wtf is Mallinder doing there

I am led to believe that this is why Quins have signed a relatively low profile replacement for Evans (well that plus the fact we have no money).

I mean that might be the case but he is only 18 to put your prem hopes on the thought that U18 10 will turn good sooner rather than later doesn't sound like good management to me.

part of this is me grumbling to myself about the hype some young players get before they have played a minute of senior rugby.

How dare they split the Currys up

"Welcome to Pennyhill park, I know it's been a long drive so feel free to stroll around the grounds to loosen up before we meet up for a meeting in an hour"
*Manu tears a hamstring walking through a flower garden*

Wtf is Mallinder doing there

Which Curry is the better one according to Sale fans?

Yeh not sure why we have 100 centres in the squad really. Although maybe Eddie might look at Mallinder at 15.

I don't disagree at all re. Smith. I think it's ridiculously speculative to moderate your recruitment to bank on an 18yr old making the grade. I think the reality is that the club has very little money at Catrakilis was the best we could afford.

Why is Wigglesworth in the squad??? With Care, Youngs and Maunder all in it too, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I don't disagree at all re. Smith. I think it's ridiculously speculative to moderate your recruitment to bank on an 18yr old making the grade. I think the reality is that the club has very little money at Catrakilis was the best we could afford.

Why is Wigglesworth in the squad??? With Care, Youngs and Maunder all in it too, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Marty Banks would have been a good buy.

Surprised Evans or someone didn't notice him really.

Tigers have a lad in our academy who is being hyped the **** out of. Tyrese Johnson Fisher and it annoys me.

Yeah - I'm surprised a better club hasn't snapped up Banks TBH.

I didn't know Tyrese Johnson-Fisher was in the Tigers academy, but he's been being hyped for about 3 years and he's only about 17 or 18!

Yeah - I'm surprised a better club hasn't snapped up Banks TBH.

I didn't know Tyrese Johnson-Fisher was in the Tigers academy, but he's been being hyped for about 3 years and he's only about 17 or 18!

Yeh he played in the final academy game last season for us v Nottingham, he goes to oakham so we had that linked up i guess.
Think he is in the final year of the U18 next season so expect him to feature more i guess.

I mean hes sponsored by adidas already.

This video has 2.5 million views on it and it's just him running through U15's, alot of talent but U18's is nothing like senior rugby.

Yeah - I was one of the 2.5m viewers ...

Which Curry is the better one according to Sale fans?
Initially Ben, but really it changes depending on who's getting more game time. Unsurprisingly they're very evenly matched.
Ben's injury at the start of the summer will be what out Tom ahead

Shame i think Sam James will be left out in the cold now, hell of a talent but think he is getting overtaken by too many players now.

Didn't help his cause v the baabaas though.

Owen Farrell (Saracens) – Saturday only*
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Piers Francis (Northampton Saints)
Alex Lozowski (Saracens)
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)

Eddie's preference for playmakers is starting to reach obsessive levels

Shame i think Sam James will be left out in the cold now, hell of a talent but think he is getting overtaken by too many players now.

Didn't help his cause v the baabaas though.
Aye,
Can't see Addison ever getting a look in now either, didn't impress at age grade and picks up injuries every time he starts stringing games together.
Weirdly James was told he'd be playing the 2nd game in Argentina, his family flew out for it and everything and then he was left out. A victim of Piers Francis rise, I imagine

Latest posts