• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

For me Tom Curry has to come into contention, such a brilliant player. He might not have the power of Underhill but i think you could play them 6 & 7.

No idea why people are talking up May so much after a couple of games. let him shown this form for a season (which he's never really done) and then he can earn his way back in.

No idea why people are talking up May so much after a couple of games.
Have a look at which club he moved to and which fans are talking him up ;)
Same goes for defensive powerhouse George Ford.

I like may, should definitely be above yarde in the pecking order, but I don't have a lot of faith in him at international level. He's had some really good games but he's also had some stinkers and has repeatedly shown himself to be on a completely different wavelength from the other backs (jumping into/over them on high balls, defensive reading etc). Don't know whether that's just mistakes made or he struggles to move into an international environment where you play with players you're not alongside week in week out

Same goes for defensive powerhouse George Ford

I'm not so much talking him up personally would rather have both at Tigers all season long, would make them better value for money.

Just that with Roko never going to get a look in with England really who else is there?

Watson for me should be looked at for 15 I mean Bateman wrecked him on the weekend.

Which would leave us with May, Nowell, Yarde, Daly, Solomona, Lewington.

Personally out of those May, Nowell, Daly are the only ones to have enough all round game and all have flaws as a winger. May prone to inconsistencies, Daly can be exposed postionally and Nowell lacks the top line pace.

I like Lewington BUT he needs to move IMO, Earle hasn't proven himself at Sarries IMO.

For me Tom Curry has to come into contention, such a brilliant player. He might not have the power of Underhill but i think you could play them 6 & 7.

No idea why people are talking up May so much after a couple of games. let him shown this form for a season (which he's never really done) and then he can earn his way back in.

Earn his way back in? Hes not out?

Same goes for defensive powerhouse George Ford.

I like may, should definitely be above yarde in the pecking order, but I don't have a lot of faith in him at international level. He's had some really good games but he's also had some stinkers and has repeatedly shown himself to be on a completely different wavelength from the other backs (jumping into/over them on high balls, defensive reading etc). Don't know whether that's just mistakes made or he struggles to move into an international environment where you play with players you're not alongside week in week out

May was a hugely improved player before his injury, but it took him a while to get back to full speed (bad pun intended). If you're after a consistent 7/10 player he may not be your man. But he can score tries that Nowell, for instance, can't.

On the subject of speed did anyone else notice the rate Genge was moving at when chasing back in defence at the weekend? Very impressive.

BBC is quoting Mallinder as saying FB is his preferred position.

May was a hugely improved player before his injury, but it took him a while to get back to full speed (bad pun intended). If you're after a consistent 7/10 player he may not be your man. But he can score tries that Nowell, for instance, can't.

On the subject of speed did anyone else notice the rate Genge was moving at when chasing back in defence at the weekend? Very impressive.

BBC is quoting Mallinder as saying FB is his preferred position.

Mallinder shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad right now. Also if he moves to 15 then that's his international career done. Hes neither brilliant in attack or defence.

Mallinder shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad right now. Also if he moves to 15 then that's his international career done. Hes neither brilliant in attack or defence.

His move back to FB (Where he started) would suit us down to a tee. As for international ambitions, he's a great all round young player but nothing top class about him.

BTW i meant May isn't starting for England at the moment (with Watson, Daly, Nowell and Brown at FB), so he'd have to earn his way back into that mix. We should be head and shoulders above Yarde though!

Lets face it Jones will Start Brown at 15.

Then its Watson and Daly on the wings.

If he has the balls to drop Brown (which he should) then a back 3 of Watson, Daly and May would be first choice with Nowell Covering.

Pace

Is May the fastest in international rugby? I'd have thought only Skosan could come close to matching him.

I think if all the international wingers in the world did an actual 40YD/100m, there would be some very surprising results.

Remember that British Bulldog thing Addidas put on for the 2005 Lions?

I've always wanted someone to do similar ahead of a RWC, each team sends a couple of wingers to an athletic track, and measure them over 60m

Latest posts