• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Will be interesting to see who makes that BaBas test too... with the number of players who won't be available due to Prem Play Offs.. If we assume that the likes of Wasps, Sarries, Exeter and (or) Leicester/Newcastle won't be available I'd go with.

Marler
Dunn
Sinckler
Lawes
Ewels
B Curry
Robshawe
Ross

Care
Smith
L James
Trinder
Solomona
Yarde
Brown

Bench: Obano (R Harrison) , Skivington (J Walker), Collier (Hill), Slater (Spencer), T Curry/ Underhill (Moore), Vellacott (?), Billy Burns (Freddy Burns/ R Mills?) , Lewington (?)

Difficult when you think about it but obviously some from either Newcastle or Leicester will have to come in..

That's a decent enough 23 but I'd be amazed if Luke James plays, let alone on the left wing.

Skivington? The lock who retired a couple of years ago? WTF? I'm going to assume you mean Singleton?

Assuming it's Exeter, Saracens, Wasps and Leicester, I'd go for:

1. Marler
2. Dunn
3. Sinckler
4. Ewels
5. Spencer
6. Graham
7. B. Curry
8. Chisholm
9. Care
10. Smith
11. Lewington
12. Atkinson
13. Marchant
14. Yarde
15. Woodward

16. Singleton 17. Obano 18. Hill 19. Slater 20. Ludlow 21. Vellacott 22. Mills 23. Trinder

Last edited:
That's a decent enough 23 but I'd be amazed if Luke James plays, let alone on the left wing.

Skivington? The lock who retired a couple of years ago? WTF? I'm going to assume you mean Singleton?

Assuming it's Exeter, Saracens, Wasps and Leicester, I'd go for:

1. Marler
2. Dunn
3. Sinckler
4. Ewels
5. Spencer
6. Graham
7. B. Curry
8. Chisholm
9. Care
10. Smith
11. Lewington
12. Atkinson
13. Marchant
14. Yarde
15. Woodward

16. Singleton 17. Obano 18. Hill 19. Slater 20. Ludlow 21. Vellacott 22. Mills 23. Trinder

Hahah yeah complete Mind Fart on Singleton.. Spencer is a good call and maybe Marchant too ... not sure Chisholm would make it especially if Wilson, Welch and Graham floating about with Ludlow, Currys, Robshaw, Gibson, Harrison Etc. Floating about.

This Shields guy must be good to make the AB's this worried about him joining us.

I'd hope so but he also hasn't been capped by them. I hope he's quality but it is a concern when someone who not only has never been capped by South Africa, NZ and Oz moves to another to play international rugby.

Only seen in a few games but not enough to judge, don't know if anyone round here has a better opinion on him having seen more of him.

Would not be surprised at all to see Dylan retire, given this is his second loooong rest from concussion.

Thing is he has to recover first. It's been over a month and now he's taking an extended break. That's no guarantee it will be sorted and especially with a head injury you can't take the risk.

Thing is he has to recover first. It's been over a month and now he's taking an extended break. That's no guarantee it will be sorted and especially with a head injury you can't take the risk.

Exactly, you take a break to try to recover... that isn't a given.

Shontayne Hape wrote a really good article about his concussion issues,
Sounds like a living hell to be honest.

Hope Hartley has no lasting issues from this latest knock, and (as mentioned above) he should seriously consider calling it a day with his history of head knocks.

He's clearly very well respected at Northampton amongst the players and staff; I'd be surprised if there isn't some form of coaching role waiting for him there if he was to retire.

It's pretty disgusting the teams trying to play a player against the advice of medical professionals, the fact that someone's long term mental health means so little to them. Not wishing to sound unsympathetic and I can understand not wanting to let your team down but to go on as he did was also pretty stupid, when it comes to any issues with your brain you just don't bat it away. Clubs needs to take responsibility but ultimately players also need to be responsible for their own well being. There is nothing manly about getting yourself repeatedly knocked out.

It was the prevailing, stupid machismo of 4-5 years ago, let alone 14-25.
Health professionals knew better, but not necessarily the players themselves (we've made absolutely massive strides on that recently).
It's not that long ago that someone old Justin Harrison got the name Bambi, and became a legend (briefly) for his refusal to go off concussed whilst basically unable to stand, and needing player from both teams to tell him which club he was playing for, where to stand, and run obstruction on the physios in case they tried to take him off. Infuriated me, adored by most.

Besides, a concussed player is, by definition, not fully compus mentus, and NOT fit to make such decisions.

Last edited:

Latest posts