• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England in South Africa

A

An Tarbh

England have gotten their tour to South Africa off to a winning start mainly due to the exploits of Eoin Morgan who scored 83 in the first match but also due to Anderson's final over in restricting South Africa to only 6 which left them 1 short under D/L.

Collingwood and Swann have been ruled out for England today so Pietersen returns at 4 and Rashid is in for Swann.

Kallis is back in for SA, Yusuf Abdulla comes in as well as Heino Kuhn who makes his debut.

South Africa have won the toss and will bat first at Centurion.

Day 2 at Centurion and England making some headway, picking up the key wickets of Kallis and Duminy. South Africa could have been in a much stronger position were it not for their poor run rate, if England can get them out for anything under 400 and can score at a reasonable rate then we could see a cracking test match, not so though if the run rates are the same as they'll run out of time and it'll peter out to a draw.

Looks like a poor decision to put South Africa in to bat. They could pay for that later if the pitch does fall apart.

ICC double standards coming into play big time with this test match, England clearly caught ball tampering yet nothing has been done about it, they show actual footage of Anderson and Broad clearly doing something. When Pakistan were accused of ball tampering in 2006 there wasn't a shed of proof yet Hair saw fit to act on it, nothing in this match though, even though the referee would have brought it to the umpire's attention. Unlike Pakistan England would have no grounds for complaint, must have been some pressure put on SA not to make a formal complaint as De Villiers doesn't sound too happy about the matter either.

All this overshadowing the fact that the series should be 1-1 going into the decider.

To me England has balsed this up big time, had them in the palm of their hands after SA 1st innings. Then as usual they just throw it away with their inconsistent batting. I want a draw today, but with the batting line up this is decided already 1-1.

I'll be shocked if South Africa don't win this by at least 150 runs.

South Africa well in charge of this final test despite losing the toss, England currently 91-4, Amla taking a great catch to get rid of Strauss first ball. Plum lbw on Trott, really has been a let down for me, Pietersen doesn't look close to his best form and gave away his wicket.

91-4 at the moment.

this is a bit embarassing i opened up score centre on skysports and saw the 39-4 then i close it cursed it then left it.

Major screwup from Daryl Harper, no surprise really, the gimp forgot to turn up the speaker on the stump mics and failed to give Graeme Smith out when referred, he was on 15 at the time and went on to make a century and put South Africa in firm control.

England have made a complaint and although it'll wreak of sour grapes, something has to be done about shoddy officials like Harper.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 15 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Major screwup from Daryl Harper, no surprise really, the gimp forgot to turn up the speaker on the stump mics and failed to give Graeme Smith out when referred, he was on 15 at the time and went on to make a century and put South Africa in firm control.

England have made a complaint and although it'll wreak of sour grapes, something has to be done about shoddy officials like Harper.[/b]

Harper hasn't heard that ;)

oh dear, Harper at it again, don't think I've ever seen a test match where a 3rd umpire has had such an influence on the game. Hill gives De Villiers out, they refer it only for Harper to overturn it even though it looked like he made contact twice. Obviously hotspot would have cleared things up but that's a matter for SABC.

Latest posts