• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on Lewington he could be special I think. Outside shot at prop from us is Rich Palframan is a beast in the scrum very young and impressed last season. Also Watson number 3 is coming through and is quality and only 18 along with The other Brophy Clews

Lewington should def be a shout. His versatility should certainly be looked at.

TBH props wise England should be set for a while.

I think most people believe that, if everyone reaches their potential, 2019 could be our tournament.

There's still the U18's to potentially come too, by the next world cup they could be between 20 and 22, not exactly grizzled veterans but great players will have begun making a name for themself at that age.

Eh, under what achievements?

Look what he did with the Scottish pack in 8 weeks..... Don't forget he coached Falcons to a premiership as well.

He's just an absolutely quality coach who got 'effed over big time.

Lewington should def be a shout. His versatility should certainly be looked at.

TBH props wise England should be set for a while.

So it was you who jinxed our props for the France game !!!!

Hey, first post in a while, but I couldn´t resist after the warm-up games.

What I would like to see:

A world-class coach (rather than a world-class manager)

An attack coach who comes up with more than one new backs move for each international period.

A world-class 7, which we will have if Armitage comes back to England and we get a world-class coach.

A world-class backrow, which we will have if we get Armitage back and Hughes is brought into the squad - the trick will be who to play at 6, but we have a lot of potentially world-class options there (Burgess, Ewers, Itoje).

A 9 who passes from the base and has a decent kicking game (Cook, Spencer), a running game would be nice too (Simpson, Robson).

A world-class 12, we don´t have one of these at the moment but I think Devoto and Atkinson both have the potential.

There, that´s not much to ask is it?

If we had a world-class (if you want to dispute it, a European-class) 7 and 8 available, I would agree with you, but we don´t.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like, we can just play Hughes against other teams that would play him, like NZ and Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Wales and France, and Scotland, and Italy...

If we had a world-class (if you want to dispute it, a European-class) 7 and 8 available, I would agree with you, but we don´t.

Billy V and Ben M are both young. I'd back either to be considered world top three at some point.

As for seven, actually having one would be a start, but the issue is more Robshaw being in the way (I wouldn't have it any different (maybe) atm) than any lack of options.

Can anyone tell me any current/recent U18s or 20s that look like future prospects?

I'm somewhat puzzled by the idea that Nathan Hughes is World Class but Vunipola and Morgan aren't.

I guess you missed all the Wasps, Saracens and Gloucester games last season then.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Vunipola, and you could argue he is up there with the best in Europe, but Morgan, no way, his work rate isn´t even international class.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you could say both Vunipola and Hughes have world-class potential, but Vunipola would be world-class in a South African team, and Hughes in a NZ one (after all, he was scouted by Graham Henry).

Binny and Benny are better than Hughes.
I would be happy to never see Hughes in an England shirt, I hope they change the eligibility rulings before he gets called up.

Morgan was Gloucester´s no.4 no. 8 on last season´s form.

I have, and apart from his charges from the base of the scrum, it was pretty average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts