• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

Just watching the build up to the Edinburgh v Falcons game. The main story is about EPCR refusing Falcons a replacement prop meaning they start with two looseheads on pitch and only one loose head on bench. Falcons had three tight heads injured within 24hours!
Dean stating a few times that if EPCR are happy to ignore player welfare and stick to rules only then that have to just deal with it. Plus Dean mentioned the rule that a match squad must have six front row, and it is possible Falcons could be in further trouble because their match squad only has five front row.
Not often you see an angry Dean Richards. He wa still measured and assured in his words and manner, but you could easily tell he was furious.

If Launch Lawes and Kruis are fit then that's not the end of the world, especially as it gives his body a rest in a world cup season

What does that bring the total up to now? 2?

I could go check, I think it's more than 2 with Ashton and Nowell. The issue is still that England seem to have more players injured during training than other countries, many of them quite long term and it does bring into question what the players are being made to do.

I could go check, I think it's more than 2 with Ashton and Nowell. The issue is still that England seem to have more players injured during training than other countries, many of them quite long term and it does bring into question what the players are being made to do.
We covered this ahead of the AIs.
It's an outdated opinion this season. We had a long list of injuries, from playing, and a very short one from training.

Last year, we were told the players would be beasted in training, and then we were all surprised that they were beasted in training. This year, they need to calm down the beasting a bit, and they have, with a resultant drop in the number of training ground injuries

Underhill has improved his all round game a lot. Still big tackles but also good work rate, decent carrying and a strong breakdown presence.

Aye, he was absolutely mega.
Morgan had a really good game too.
Plus Hughes is ******.

Good afternoon for English options.

Agreed. Thorley is looking great at the moment and to be fair, itKs not a flash in the pan as he was good last season too.

I can't see him leapfrogging any of the more established options between now and the World Cup. Our depth is good there and I don't think there's enough time to overhaul the competition. Post 2019 for sure though.

I hope Ibitoye can start making a similar impact with Quins.

Couple of weeks back Nick Cain, in the Rugby Paper, had his back line for World Cup.
Youngs, Farrell, May, Te'o, Daly, Cockanasiga, Goode.

After watching Sarries yesterday this looks very similar set up and they looked good in 2nd half. Goode's ability to find space makes up for his 'lack of speed'.

If Daly joins them, will make a great line.

Been impressed with Manu, starting to show some leadership and responsibility at Tigers, his try v Racing he guided Fitzgerald perfectly.

Also impressed with his burst of speed, needs to hold himself in defence more but really promising stuff.

Latest posts