• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

We need some good centres to come through the U20, or we could just wait for another over hyped SH player to stroll into the premiership and get capped.

We need some good centres to come through the U20, or we could just wait for another over hyped SH player to stroll into the premiership and get capped.
While we wait for the U20s to come through. It would certainly be good to have a look at Williams and Mills.

Williams and Mills to help with Centre injuries would be ironic given their track record.

October 2018 In the daily mail.
The reason I was going to come back to England is that if you take Billy Vunipola out of the England team there is no other real back row who plays like me,' he said.
'I am the second guy behind Billy Vunipola in my eyes.
Fearns believes he is second only behind Billy Vunipola of English back rows
'If I had gone to Gloucester purely to play for England then I felt that would be wrong. If I got injured when I was at Gloucester just to play for England then I couldn't do that.
'I felt it would eat away at me. I ended up staying in Lyon and then getting injured for a whole year so it ended up being the right decision.'
Fearns - nominated for the French Top 14 league's player of the year award in 2016-17 - has not ruled out a return to England to force his way into World Cup contention in 2019.
'Never say never,' he added.

'I'm happy where I am at Lyon. If I get back to the levels I was at two years ago then who knows what is going to happen.

'I made the decision to stay and not go to Gloucester and I'm happy with that. I'll be honest, I am well off the pace fitness wise after being out for 12 months.

'I am in France so Eddie can't pick me and there's nothing I can do. All I can do is keep playing well for Lyon and if people want it to happen then it might happen.'

LUL

The guy is a merc that has his ego feed by sycophants like JB.

I might have had some sympathy if he was in France for 4 years and didn't once mention a desire to play for England but every 6 months he starts crying about it.

Aye, it's ridiculous.

Anyway: Sam James 4 England.
If Slade can get in then James is in way better form and isn't proven to be average at best on the international stage.

James/Manu could be the combo we all wanted 36/Manu to be back in the day

2qwk6o.jpg

My dank rugby meme, EZ front page of reddit.

That has not made my day.

Very tempted by Curry, Curry and Wilson with Binny on the bench.
Really? That'd be very lightweight. Agree with those 4 players but would prefer Wilson, Curry, Vunipola with Curry on the bench (personally would start Ben with Tom on the bench but the reverse is more likely).

To quote zoidberg:

Why not kvesic.

When he was playing seven he was in the top 15 in every premiership round up.

Or is Exeter to far from Twickenham?

Let's pick steffon armitage

Are we pretending that Chiefs players don't get picked by England now?

Really? That'd be very lightweight. Agree with those 4 players but would prefer Wilson, Curry, Vunipola with Curry on the bench (personally would start Ben with Tom on the bench but the reverse is more likely).
Well yes, it's not a selection for brick walls granted, but.....

Wilson's pretty much bang on for a normal no8. He's 1.91 and 112. Reed's 1.93 and 111. Parisse's a little taller but also 112.

Both Currys are listed at 102. Not heavy, but for comparison Cane's 103 and Savea's only 100. So we're prob really only losing a little on the blind side and while Shields was OKish in the autumn he was nothing special and his Pests form looks pretty anonymous. Would trade a bit of pace and skill for a few kilos if he's the alternative.

The Irish back row we faced in the 6N last year was Leavy, O'Mahony and Stander - 107, 107 & 114. So that would only be a combined 14kg heavier. It's a difference, but not massive.

Unless Binny proves he's really firing in the next couple of weeks I think he'd be most effective for a half hour blast against tired legs.

I'd have rolled over more easily if you'd have argued on experience grounds.

Well yes, it's not a selection for brick walls granted, but.....

Wilson's pretty much bang on for a normal no8. He's 1.91 and 112. Reed's 1.93 and 111. Parisse's a little taller but also 112.

Both Currys are listed at 102. Not heavy, but for comparison Cane's 103 and Savea's only 100. So we're prob really only losing a little on the blind side and while Shields was OKish in the autumn he was nothing special and his Pests form looks pretty anonymous. Would trade a bit of pace and skill for a few kilos if he's the alternative.

The Irish back row we faced in the 6N last year was Leavy, O'Mahony and Stander - 107, 107 & 114. So that would only be a combined 14kg heavier. It's a difference, but not massive.

Unless Binny proves he's really firing in the next couple of weeks I think he'd be most effective for a half hour blast against tired legs.

I'd have rolled over more easily if you'd have argued on experience grounds.
On the Sale website Ben's listed as 109 and Tom 106, both of which would be large for opensides (Would make Ben heavier than Sean O'Brien). By lightweight I didn't necessarily mean it in a literal sense, just that it doesn't have much carrying ability.

Latest posts