• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

Of course we don't know the whole story.

But did any of those 3 coaches have the man management skills to deal with a slightly headstrong maverick? I'd argue not. Two were way out of their depth in all aspects with humiliating RWC departures to their names and were at the helm during Cips' formative years. Jones is my way or the highway, which is always divisive and tends to over value conformity. Can't help feeling that in the hands of someone more trusting of talent and sympathetic - an Ashton type character, maybe even SCW -, especially early on the Cips story could have been very different.

Or it might just be that none of them think he can tackle. -:)

There have been plenty of headstrong individuals in the England camp over that time. The only other player that would really be deemed "toxic" was Yarde. Farrell and Itoje in particular are very headstrong. Tuilagi, Haskell, Marler are some of the "naughty boys" yet all got selected, some over multiple coaches. I have a suspicion that Cipriani is less "maverick" and more "head lodged firmly up own arse not listening to anyone else".

Piutua
Isa
Mata
Messam
added to the baabaa team with Webb, Vui, Naksoi, Fekitoa, Afoa and Luatua

Could be a great team this season.

Mako's season over with torn hammy.

Should be OK for RWC, but his injury record is starting to look a bit iffy. if I was Jones I'd definitely be giving Marler a buzz.

PS since when did props have hamstrings? An appalling state of affairs :)

Mako's season over with torn hammy.

Should be OK for RWC, but his injury record is starting to look a bit iffy. if I was Jones I'd definitely be giving Marler a buzz.

PS since when did props have hamstrings? An appalling state of affairs :)

So the three English players on the Premiership Player of the Season Shortlist; Goode, Cips, and Kvesic... none of whom will make the England squad, one imagines.

Interesting disconnect between the domestic and the international scene, that.

Interesting disconnect between the domestic and the international scene, that.

Of the three - two have performed well when given opportunities for England, one has consistently shown he isn't up to top level international standard.

Simmonds back this weekend, will interesting to see how he goes.
Was hoping he got the start and a full 80. Class player and has been missed this season even if we have done well without him this season.

Binny really out here liking Katie Hopkins pro Folau/anti-islam tweets

Underhill, Curry, Wilson backrow for the world cup it is then

Just liking Katie Hopkins rant tweets on twitter

On its own it's nothing but considering he's on a warning already, and Hopkins is complaining about Muslims in the same tweet, I doubt thisll go down well

Just liking Katie Hopkins rant tweets on twitter

On its own it's nothing but considering he's on a warning already, and Hopkins is complaining about Muslims in the same tweet, I doubt thisll go down well
I dunno tbh. In itself the tweet isn't islamophobic. Stupid yes. Islamophobic no.

Dunno tbh

Binny really out here liking Katie Hopkins pro Folau/anti-islam tweets

Underhill, Curry, Wilson backrow for the world cup it is then

Looks like Mako nicked the family brain cell.

I really could live with that back row. Nice balance.

Underhill, Curry, Wilson

20 Simmonds

No word yet of any action taken against Binny? No news is good news right?

I just don't see that back row getting over the gain line if Binny is banned. England need as many gain line breakers in the pack and Binny is number 1; especially if Mako doesn't recover in time. It's a pity England have spent the last 4 years devising their game plan around Binny with Hughes (Yuk) as back up.

None of Curry, Underhill and Wilson; Simmonds are big ball enough carriers at international level imo.

Binny not making the RWC would be a bigger blow for England than Folau missing for Australia IMO.

No word yet of any action taken against Binny? No news is good news right?

I just don't see that back row getting over the gain line if Binny is banned. England need as many gain line breakers in the pack and Binny is number 1; especially if Mako doesn't recover in time. It's a pity England have spent the last 4 years devising their game plan around Binny with Hughes (Yuk) as back up.

None of Curry, Underhill and Wilson; Simmonds are big ball enough carriers at international level imo.

Binny not making the RWC would be a bigger blow for England than Folau missing for Australia IMO.

I disagree about Wilson. I thought he stepped up fantastically during the AI's and showed that he is a genuine option at 8.

Latest posts