• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

Nice try. Does this mean that you don't consider the Tri Nations / Bledisloe Cup noteworthy?
no i'd forgotten he won back the bled and had some 3N wins. that imo was more deans than mitchell tho.
but outside of NZ he's won 1 currieCup? anything else?

Not overly happy with us breaking the bank for a name. We already pay Jones a massive salary and it isn't paying off, why do we want to do it again?

Having said that, how hard can it be to use a system that doesn't involve being in their faces for the first 10 minutes and then passively sitting back and waiting for them to run at you whilst paying no attention to any attempts to go wide. English defence if fine if people just run straight at our defenders but we go to pieces against sides that move us around.

no i'd forgotten he won back the bled and had some 3N wins. that imo was more deans than mitchell tho.
but outside of NZ he's won 1 currieCup? anything else?

Again, funny stuff. You don't remember what the coach before last of your national team won whist in charge, but you know enough about his camp to know who deserves credit for these achievements?

AFAIK the Currie Cup is all that Mitchell has won outside New Zealand. Not earth shattering, but at least he's an upgrade on Steve Hansen, who returned from Wales with nothing but a wooden spoon in his trophy cabinet!

Update same injury bad operation
Absolutely terrible news - a reinjury of the reinjury really bodes badly for making a full recovery, could be career-ending.

Or did the last one end up being an update, rather than a 2nd rupture?

Absolutely terrible news - a reinjury of the reinjury really bodes badly for making a full recovery, could be career-ending.

Or did the last one end up being an update, rather than a 2nd rupture?
You have to feel sorry for the lad
Could mean he doesn't go to japan

Watson has done Achilles tendon
Can't blame eddy for this one
Nope, although Barf will have noticed that the original injury did happen on Eng duty.

Very bad news for him. This could be career threatening, let's hope it's properly managed from here on in.

Sport's brutal though and one man's misfortune is another's opportunity. Would love to see big Joe given a shot. He was pictured next to Ashton at Eng training recently; Ashton's not exactly tiny, but it looked like a remake of Twins.

haters gotta hate.

I don't hate anyone in particular (although I'm starting to come around in one instance). I'm just highlighting how transparent it is that you say the first thing that comes into your head in order to support your agenda.

Anyway, back vaguely on topic, apparently the Mail have reported that Mitchell has agreed terms and that things are being held up by the Bulls demanding more compensation that the derisory amount that the RFU offered them. Good for them I say. The unfortunate reality in rugby is contracts don't really work - they protect the rights of the player / coach, but said players / coaches know that they have the club over a barrel if they want out as it's against the club's best interest to have a player / coach around who doesn't want to be there.

Is it about the time some sort of standard early termination clause was put into place to avoid all of this nonsense and protect club's interests?

I don't hate anyone in particular (although I'm starting to come around in one instance). I'm just highlighting how transparent it is that you say the first thing that comes into your head in order to support your agenda.
thanks troll

Nope, although Barf will have noticed that the original injury did happen on Eng duty.

Very bad news for him. This could be career threatening, let's hope it's properly managed from here on in.

Sport's brutal though and one man's misfortune is another's opportunity. Would love to see big Joe given a shot. He was pictured next to Ashton at Eng training recently; Ashton's not exactly tiny, but it looked like a remake of Twins.
Given that Watson is a full back, it'll be Tom Homer and Ruaridh McConnochie who get chances as a result of this.
Big JC4 will get his chance on the left wing, challenging Vuna and Brew (who's better on the Right), whilst Roko holds down the right wing slot.
If he fulfills his talent, JC4 will be starting 11 at some point next season, or possibly even this.

Nice to see Bath are looking at starting this season the same as they went through all of last season, breaking players left right and centre.

Given that Watson is a full back, it'll be Tom Homer and Ruaridh McConnochie who get chances as a result of this.
Big JC4 will get his chance on the left wing, challenging Vuna and Brew (who's better on the Right), whilst Roko holds down the right wing slot.
If he fulfills his talent, JC4 will be starting 11 at some point next season, or possibly even this.
Maybe getting a bit ahead of myself but I was thinking internationally!

Latest posts