• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

Robson out for three months, so should be back a good couple of months before the WC. Do we have anything on Youngs' injury? 'Out for the season' still leaves plenty of time before the WC.

Presumably Eddie will be playing Nathan Hughes at 9 by then, though, so it may be moot.

Presumably Eddie will be playing Nathan Hughes at 9 by then, though, so it may be moot.

Don't even joke about it. At this stage with Eddie anything is possible, so stop giving him ideas.

Robson out for three months, so should be back a good couple of months before the WC. Do we have anything on Youngs' injury? 'Out for the season' still leaves plenty of time before the WC.

Youngs out for 3 months aswell

On Robson they're saying the treatment will take 3 months after which he can return to full training. That takes him to mid July, can he really get himself into proper shape by the RWC from there? Presumably he's only been able to do light training over the last few weeks at best and the inevitable fittest team at the RWC mantras will be along in a minute heralding the start of the pre RWC floggings.

On Robson they're saying the treatment will take 3 months after which he can return to full training. That takes him to mid July, can he really get himself into proper shape by the RWC from there? Presumably he's only been able to do light training over the last few weeks at best and the inevitable fittest team at the RWC mantras will be along in a minute heralding the start of the pre RWC floggings.
Cant see both youngs and robson making japan to risky

Spencer is my bet, apart from his lack of experience. Good pass, excellent box kick, and extremely fast, could even play in backline against lower tiers.

So rumours abound that Teo is off to Japan - does that count him out of the RWC squad...?

I imagine it doesn't, but please someone tell me it does

So rumours abound that Teo is off to Japan - does that count him out of the RWC squad...?

I imagine it doesn't, but please someone tell me it does

Don't get my hopes up Olyy, especially after Manu committing to Leicester, we can then bring JJ in as a more defensive OC with Slade the more attacking.

I'm not a medic, but have been through similar problems to Robson so have a decent handle on how they're treated. I imagine the three month period relates to the time during which they want him to take anticoagulents to prevent his clot getting bigger and from developing further clots, which will mean that contact sport is off the menu. During this time, they will try to get to the bottom of why he developed a clot in the first place. His longer term future in the game will depend on the assessment of his risk of further clots, if he has a serious risk of further clots, he would be advised to be anticoagulated for the rest of his life, meaning that he would either have to go against medical advice and accept the risk or would have to stop playing rugby. Obviously this is a worst case scenario. Hopefully the fact that the three month period that you quote is in the public domain means that his future risk has been assessed as low and that he will be able to return to full contact training a few days after he stops taking anticoagulents. Whether he will be as good as new shortly after his reeturn to training will depend on the severity of his clot.

Don't get my hopes up Olyy, especially after Manu committing to Leicester, we can then bring JJ in as a more defensive OC with Slade the more attacking.
Do you remember long ago when JJ was tearing up trees for England and loads of people were saying, yeah but his defence is suspect through...

Weird to think he is now seen as the defensive option!

Do you remember long ago when JJ was tearing up trees for England and loads of people were saying, yeah but his defence is suspect through...

Weird to think he is now seen as the defensive option!

I guess he's not in quite the same league a Barritt, but I'd definitely say he's better than Slade defensively.

I guess he's not in quite the same league a Barritt, but I'd definitely say he's better than Slade defensively.
Oh 100% he's a quality defender, that was true even when people were ripping on his defence in his early days! I just think it's funny how the perception has reversed

Oh 100% he's a quality defender, that was true even when people were ripping on his defence in his early days! I just think it's funny how the perception has reversed
They ripped on his defence because he was fast and skillful, and everyone knows that fast, skillfull players can't be good defenders.
Same when Cokanasiga gets criticism for his speed and agility - it's because he's big and powerful, and therefore can't be actually quick, or actually agile.

Genuinely can't remember a time where JJ was ripped for his defence?
Since day dot everyone has said he's the most well rounded 13 England has produced in years

Genuinely can't remember a time where JJ was ripped for his defence?
Since day dot everyone has said he's the most well rounded 13 England has produced in years
It wasn't everyone, but there were plenty of people when he was fresh on the international scene. I don't remember who they were, and it's pointless now but they definitely existed.

I was arguing against it loudly and was basically proved right more and more over time a the whole world came round to my opinion. That's not the kind of smugness I'm going to forget in a hurry Olyy, believe me!

Surely form is nothing to do with it - He was in the first choice 23 when he retired.
It's all down to how he's feeling - considering he retired to spend more time with his family I'm not sure the Portugal(?) training camp and then month or so in Japan will win him over.

Surely form is nothing to do with it - He was in the first choice 23 when he retired.
It's all down to how he's feeling - considering he retired to spend more time with his family I'm not sure the Portugal(?) training camp and then month or so in Japan will win him over.

We will see.

Latest posts