• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2019/20 Thread

Old Hooker is harshly discounting Earl on one anonymous outing. I can promise you that Dombrandt has had quite a few more of those than Earl has. There was one stage earlier in the season where he was rightly on the bench because Chisholm was outplaying him.
I'm not discounting him at all. Very far from it!

A question for you all, what do you want the 1st choice pack to look like mid way through this WC cycle?

I would like to see
Genge LCD Sinks
Itoje JHill
Willis Dombrandt(8) Curry

George
Mako
Stuart
A lock
Underhill/Earl

My only worry is that is abit of a lightweight pack

A question for you all, what do you want the 1st choice pack to look like mid way through this WC cycle?

I would like to see
Genge LCD Sinks
Itoje JHill
Willis Dombrandt(8) Curry

George
Mako
Stuart
A lock
Underhill/Earl

My only worry is that is abit of a lightweight pack
I don't personally see the appeal of Stuart. This may just be me but he has always come across as not being the most intelligent player and always playing stupid buggers in the scrum.

I don't personally see the appeal of Stuart. This may just be me but he has always come across as not being the most intelligent player and always playing stupid buggers in the scrum.
He's playing well though and i really dont know who else? I like Williams but he seems out of favour.

Hair aside, I don't mind him.
Think he's definitely the 2nd/3rd (Harry Williams) best English tighthead in the league atm.

Brookes has had a bit of a resurgence since lockdown but I wouldn't put him on the same level Sinckler/Williams/Stuart

I think Eddie should send a lifeline to WGJ - he's probably ****** at Pivac, is English, and is a very good player. Maybe not starting-international level, but definitely good enough to be in/around the squad.

I honestly really want to see what Kerrod does.

I wouldn't have picked him but Eddie has obviously seem something he likes. He's v good at scrum time and decent enough around the park. There must be something there for Eddie to throw a 28 year old saffa into the England camp...

I wouldn't mind seeing Heyes in the 18 shirt. Probably not quite as good as Stuart or Williams yet but I think he'd hold his own for sure and he has a sky-high ceiling IMO.

And happened to Paul Hill? So well rated a few years ago.

I really think that Simmonds has earned his shot at the 8 shirt before Dombrandt. I know Simmonds usually has a bigger 6 and 7 playing with him but he isn't a lightweight carrier and just looks good every time I watch him play. He also has his pace which helps at a little dazzle within the pack.

fyi - Tigs Man has always hated saints players. It was funny years ago but times have moved I n since then. Hill has never been a great come scrum time and he was never going to coming to us as we went from having the best scrum in the league to the worst and seemed to have kept that up somehow. Saints tight 5 players should not be looked at internationally at the moment, apart from for 3rd tier counties like Romania and wales (joking).

Yeh who knows by the time he retires he might be England's most capped player.
Needs, what, 16 caps?
Think that's every game until the end of 2021 - chuck in the 2022 Six Nations (because he'll likely miss a couple before then) and it's a done deal

Latest posts