• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England start well at Twickenham

B

Bullitt

_41722692_hylton.jpg

England began their London Sevens campaign at Twickenham with two wins but Fiji remain on course to secure the IRB World Sevens ***le.
Despite losing Simon Amor to a stomach injury, England defeated Kenya 26-0 and then recorded a 51-0 win over Germany.

Fiji thumped Portugal 33-14 and defeated Italy 38-5.

Fiji lead the overall standings by 14 points going into this last event and would have to fail to reach even the Plate final for England to win.

England's Pool B rivals Australia stumbled to a shock 26-7 defeat against Kenya, a result which delighted the Twickenham crowd.

Reigning London Sevens champions South Africa opened up with wins over Canada and Russia while France and current series ***le holders New Zealand are also unbeaten after two games.

New Zealand defeated Scotland 34-7 and then crushed Tunisia 59-0.

Scotland were then beaten 22-5 by Samoa before ending the day with a 33-5 victory over Tunisia.

Fiji will win the series, but I'm hoping for an England win in this tournament.

I love that part about the Ozzies losing to Kenya, and the crowd absolutely loving it.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Jun 3 2006, 08:54 PM
I love that part about the Ozzies losing to Kenya, and the crowd absolutely loving it.
And now I love the fact that it is typical Australia to lose to Kenya, then beat us.

Latest posts