England start well at Twickenham

Discussion in 'IRB Sevens, World Cup & Premiership 7s' started by Bullitt, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

[​IMG]

England began their London Sevens campaign at Twickenham with two wins but Fiji remain on course to secure the IRB World Sevens title.
    Despite losing Simon Amor to a stomach injury, England defeated Kenya 26-0 and then recorded a 51-0 win over Germany.

Fiji thumped Portugal 33-14 and defeated Italy 38-5.

Fiji lead the overall standings by 14 points going into this last event and would have to fail to reach even the Plate final for England to win.

England's Pool B rivals Australia stumbled to a shock 26-7 defeat against Kenya, a result which delighted the Twickenham crowd.

Reigning London Sevens champions South Africa opened up with wins over Canada and Russia while France and current series title holders New Zealand are also unbeaten after two games.

New Zealand defeated Scotland 34-7 and then crushed Tunisia 59-0.

Scotland were then beaten 22-5 by Samoa before ending the day with a 33-5 victory over Tunisia.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Fiji will win the series, but I'm hoping for an England win in this tournament.

I love that part about the Ozzies losing to Kenya, and the crowd absolutely loving it.

4. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

And now I love the fact that it is typical Australia to lose to Kenya, then beat us.

5. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!