9 Ben Young's
10 Owen Farrell
11 Denny Solomona
12 Ben Te'o
13 Jonathan Joseph
14 Anthony Watson
15 Mike Brown

Last edited:
Can't tell if trolling... Seriously? Marchant at 12, Joseph Jamie, ZACH MERCER at 15!?

Funny old 15 there ... I assume the removal of Zach Mercer at 15 was one of the edits ...

I can't see a huge amount of change to the starting XV ahead of 2019. I suspect the only real changes will be George for Hartley, one of the Curry twins for Haskell and either Watson or Daly in for Brown at 15. Sinckler over Cole is a possibility, but I'd back Cole to keep the starting shirt.

Although I would consider Launchbury to be a better player than Kruis individually, I think Itoje and Kruis is a better combination.

Similarly, I'd start Marler over Mako as the latter is the better 'finisher'.

I would go for:

1. Marler
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Kruis
6. Robshaw
7. B. or T. Curry
8. B. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Daly
12. Farrell (c)
13. Joseph
14. Nowell
15. Watson

1Mako
2George
3Sinkler
4Itoje
5Kruise
6Robshaw (have to do alot to get him out)
7Either ben or tom curry, or sam underhill but they need more experience to choose between them)
8Billy
9Youngs (cant see the yound lads like maunder townsend ect. Replacing him)
10 ford
11 earle
12 faz ( though like slade for this position)
13 daly
14 nowell
15 watson

Hopful of watson going to 15 with the wingers coming on in the prem.

1 Vunipola
2 George
3 Sinkler
4 Launchbury
5 Kruis
6 Itoje
7 Underhill
8 Vunipola
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 Daly
12 Farrell
13 Joseph
14 Nowell
15 Watson

16 Cowan Dickie
17 Genge
18 Williams
19 Lawes
20 Hughes
21 Care
22 Tuilagi
23 May

Based on everyone being fit and on form, hopefully Kvesic will get plenty of game time and he'll be in that 7 shirt with Underhill, T Curry in the squad, just my opinion.

Hope it's now another thread where everyone ignores the value of Robshaw for no reason. I wouldn't change the side much from what it is now, aside from the captaincy.

included ages by september 2019

1. Mako Vunipola (28)
2. Jamie George (28)
3. Dan Cole (32)
4. Maro Itoje (24)
5. George Kruis (29)
6. Chris Robshaw (33)
7. Sam Underhill (23)
8. Billy Vunipola (26)

9. Ben Youngs (29)
10. George Ford
11. Elliot Daly (26)
12. Owen Farrell (27)
13. Jonathan Joseph (29)
14. Jack Nowell (25)
15. Anthony Watson (25)

16. Tommy Taylor (27)
17. Ellis Genge (24)
18. Kyle Sinckler (26)
19. Joe Launchbury (28)
20. Either Curry (21)
22. Alex Lozowski (26)
23. Denny Solomona (25) / Joe Cokanasiga (21)

The core of the side will still be the generation who debuted in 2014-15, which is why there's so many 26-29 year olds, that has been the team for some time now and it those of them that played through our winning streak will be stuck with.

Hardest call for me is whether or not Ford will still be starting - but it seems clear with the players on tour now (Slade, Lozowski, Mallinder, Francis) that we will have three 10s in the squad for the forseeable future, so it doesn't really matter if we stick with Ford-Farrell or switch to Farrell-Loz or something. Structure's the same and I don't see Ford dropping to 4th place.

Solomona is an interesting experiment but if Wade and Rokoduguni can't get long term gigs then it seems a little out there.

If everyone's fit and firing, which they won't be.....

Genge (big call, but his skill set's rapidly improving and we're lacking the raw aggression which he has in spades)
George
Cole (you need one old head in the front row)
Lawes
Kruis
Robshaw
Underhill
Binny
Youngs
Faz
May (in a minority I know but I want a flat out sprinter on one wing)
Devoto (if he keeps improving or Mallinder or Slade. Not Teo given my 13....Still the problem shirt).
Manu (JJ when he's inevitably injured)
Earle
Watson

Bench: Mako, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Hughes, Care, Ford & Daly.

Harsh calls on Nowell, Ford, Daly, Launchbury, Marler and Itoje (just as I always swore Watson was a 15 so I swear Itoje's a 6 and while other locks and Robshaw are in top from he benches). But that's top level sport. Round pegs in round holes and a team set up to win tense matches, not friends. Good core of experience and a few young faces to bring energy and keep everything fresh. Strong bench.

~Not sure why someone would "Dislike" the OP's post.

For me if i was to reach i would guess.
1) Genge
2) George
3) Sinckler
4) launchbury
5) Kruis
6) Itoje
7) T.Curry
8) Vunipola
9) Youngs
10) Farrell
11) Solomona
12) Slade
13) Manu (One can dream)
14) Nowell
15) Watson

16) Cowan-Dickie
17) Vunipola
18) Williams
19) Lawes
20) Underhill
21) Maunder
22) Ford
23) Daly

I was tempted to say Woodward but since he is off to Glous i can't see it happening.

Last edited:
Think most are going for far more changes than will happen over the next 2 years.
Predicted:
1. Vunipola, M
2. George
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Kruis
6. Itoje
7. Underhill
8. Vunipola, B
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. Nowell
15. Brown

16. LCD
17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Lawes
20. Clifford
21. Care
22. Lozowski
23. Daly

It could end up being robshaw and hask battling for the 6 shirt, they are both 6. If wilson and armand dont cut it who would win at 6 hasks adds more power and size where as robshaw is workrate and alot of unseen work, just a thought

Now we have a number of young 7s coming through is there shout for playing say the curry twins on each flank as sale do or sam underhill at 6 and a curry at 7? They obv have a way to go to get to the level needed to be first choice but with the average age of our squad i like their chances. Never know maybe one of the currys will bulk out and become a 6 to get game time whilst still jackeling for the ball.

Just some thoughts :)

1. Marler
2. George
3. Sinkler
4. Itoje
5. Launchbury
6. Curry (either one)
7. Clifford
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Farrell
11. Daly
12. Marchant
13. Joseph
14. Nowell
15. Watson
16. Cowan Dickie'
17. Mullan
18. Vunipola
19. Kruis
20. Underhill/other curry
21. Maunder
22. Lozowski/ Ford/ Slade
23, Yarde/ Haley/ Solomona/ Coakisanga (lots of competition, the list could go on.... Woodward could also be a dark horse)

Latest posts