BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Yeah,
A] you don't leave Robshaw out when the team has this little experience running through it.
B] why play an out-and-out open side at 6, and a 6.5 at 7? Makes no sense, and if you play them both together, at least play them in their right positions.

Beyond that, whilst I don't get the hostility towards May, I'd agree with the rest of the squad, including leaving May out (on the bench for Solomona's)

Yeah - pretty much the same here apart from that I would keep May in the side. Two debutants on the wing feels unnecessarily risky for me.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

I'm not convinced it's a matter of experience, I get the feeling he's just a fundamentally scatty player.

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Not a big fan of Mallinder, a bit 12trees-esque.
Don't think I'd ever accuse Billy of cowardice; infuriatingly inconsistent yes; but no coward.

On May, I'd be happy enough leaving him out with Brown providing the experience from FB, besides, Jonny not the sort to calm things down with his experience when needed, he's calm like a puppy on caffeine

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Not a big fan of Mallinder, a bit 12trees-esque.
Also an absolute prick,
I'd forgotten he was touring to be honest, I hope he doesn't start any of the games. If Loz is still carrying a knock I wouldn't be surprised to see him bench, though, as 2nd choice 15

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Why is he an 'absolute prick'? I don't know any different, just curious to know why you would say that?

Pieter Steph du Teague

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Why is he an 'absolute prick'? I don't know any different, just curious to know why you would say that?
Just always whining in the ref's ear and being a general irritation.

That said, if he reaches his potential and turns out to be the best 12 in England I couldn't care less about his personality.

Last edited:

Dan Kelly is Irish

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leicester

I remember when he was against Tigers he was complaining to the TJ because he thought the ball went further a few times.

Just petulant IMO.

The English Dan Bigger basically.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

Good comparison, except he also looks like an extra from an early 2000's suburban Californian pop-punk band video...

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Don't insult early 2000s pop punk like that.
He looks like Scotty T from Geordie Shore

Don't Skip Leg Day

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

I met him and he seems a really nice bloke to me. He needs to calm things down a bit though (same as Farrell use to be in the refs ear all the time).

Main thing for me is that he's really a full Back.

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

Duendes

Eddie Jones, spoke at a press conference yesterday.

With a roster of 18 players with no games in the Rose, Jones pointed to the importance of leadership of more experienced players like Hartley, Mike Brown or Danny Care, among others.

The Australian coach also reflected on the context of the match, very different from that of November 2016: "Argentina has the pressure, it has a lot of pressure to win this game. They did not have a good 2016, now they are not playing in English territory" .

Jones also mentioned that Jaguares were practicing things for this test-match, but consulting what they were, preferred to keep it: "I saw a couple of things but I will not share (laughs)."

In relation to the Argentine franchise, the former coach of Japan noted that SR matches can not be compared with this type of test matches and explained about the scrum: "In Super Rugby tends to make a passive scrum, and I do not think Los Pumas will have that kind of scrum. "

To close, he said that Chris Robshaw improves his ankle injury and could reach the game on Saturday.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Well the pitches are caged off from the stands in Argentina so they might as well be.
Not sure of the time difference in Arg but I presume midday local time today will be team announcement

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

IIRC they're 3 hours behind us; so midday makes it... about 50 minutes ago.

Maybe 1.00 local time?

Of course, basically all our backrowers seem to be injured*, so we may be delaying an announcement.

*Robshaw, Hughes, Underhill and a Curry all sat out training.

Mumbles119

Bench Player
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

London Wasps

Of course, basically all our backrowers seem to be injured*, so we may be delaying an announcement.

*Robshaw, Hughes, Underhill and a Curry all sat out training.

I panicked when I read that in the media story too. But then it seemed to reread as saying Hughes, Underhill and Ben Curry sat out as a precaution to ensure they were not injured during the Thursday training.

Latest posts