• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia (13/11)

Be interesting to see what happens if Farrell is out next week (Malins on the wing and Furbank at 23 is my guess for EJ)
Same with George (Blamire start Dolly bench? We really have zero experience outside George and LCD)

Marler still symptomatic with COVID so he won't be back, not sure on Genge

I hope the a lot of the iffy backline play was down to interchanging of positions between Smith, Farrell, Slade and Manu.

Overriding meh feeling with that frustrated watching.

If Hill can produce more of his good stuff and less of his bad, and if Smith, Steward and Dombrandt can kick on from good showings and become starters, I think we've got cause for some optimism going forwards.

Still need to do something about the midfield, and send Youngs to a big farm in the country where he can stand motionless by rucks all day, but I'm definitely glad to see the newer players grabbing their chances.

What good stuff are you expecting from Hill? Flopping onto rucks only works for Exeter, he gets shown up as the Amish clown he is at international level.

Drop Farrell, play an 8 at 8, pick Ribbans and/or make damn sure Kruis is signing with a prem team, stop hunting the versatility thing in actual tests and get a cohesive squad going. There's only 2 years left and there's a lot of baggage to be cast aside.

I'd bin Slade as well, he's done **** all in years now.

What good stuff are you expecting from Hill? Flopping onto rucks only works for Exeter, he gets shown up as the Amish clown he is at international level.

Drop Farrell, play an 8 at 8, pick Ribbans and/or make damn sure Kruis is signing with a prem team, stop hunting the versatility thing in actual tests and get a cohesive squad going. There's only 2 years left and there's a lot of baggage to be cast aside.

I'd bin Slade as well, he's done **** all in years now.
Brilliant.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I see potential with Johnny Hill ...hes a huge athletic guy. He showed glimpses today of what he "could" offer. Big hard aggressiive carrying in the loose and good set piece work.

But we've barely seen that since he came in to the squad.....he'll need to bring that far more if he wants to keep that shirt...

I love Facebook...criticse Farrell and im a jealous Exeter fan, then when they realise I'm from Newcastle im a clueless uneducated football fan....

Only NH side with an overall winning record against a tri nations side
Jones now 8 - 0 vs Australia with England

Pretty mad considering how wildly inconsistent we've been in the Six Nations

Hmmm we were **** with no balance in the back line. Aus were there for the taking

Only NH side with an overall winning record against a tri nations side
Jones now 8 - 0 vs Australia with England

Pretty mad considering how wildly inconsistent we've been in the Six Nations
Australia are the worst they've ever been. It's probably rugby's lowest ever ebb here and it's teetering on the brink of outright bankruptcy.

England on the other hand have a strong domestic comp and incredible depth. Only surprising thing is that you've only just taken over.

If we have access to Kerevi, Marika and QC we might be competitive against England next tour. If not, it'll be a whitewash and none of the games will be close. And, honestly, i'll be surprised if a single one is a sellout.

Last edited:
So vs SA what will we go with? Curry at 8 vs SA? That same back row wont go well vs SA, same with Manu on the wing.

So i want to see
Genge George Sinks
Itoje Lawes(C)
Curry Dombrandt(8) Underhill
Youngs Smith
Manu Slade
May Steward Malins

Dount we will though.

Latest posts