• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia

S

St Helens RLFC

My tickets arrived this morning, and I am looking forward to this, my first international match since 2005 when Keith Senior scored a late breakway try to see the Aussies off. Great game that was. There's actually a lot of pressure on the Aussies tomorrow but I guess they thrive off that. They have to win or they are looking at being eliminated already.

I'd love nothing more than to send them packing early but I can only see an Australian win. Their play of the ball has sped up this year whereas ours has gone horribly slowly. I hope I'm wrong though.

Wish I could go. Next time the Aussies come over here I certainly will; I must see Greg Inglis play before I die.

Anyway, just seen the England team and I'm loving our pack. Looks world class, especially with Crabtree on the bench. Backs are a little thin, but Kyle Eastmond coming off the bench should be awesome.

Still we'll lose. <_<

Can't wait for this either,
As you said, though, an Aussie win is inevitable. Hopefully we'll put up a helluva fight though

Anyone know if this is being broadcast in Oz, zero build up to the game around my area (which is mungo central). Hey if it's on Saturday Night that would be a real horror for the Brits on Halloween LOL

It's on the BBC on Saturday, 2:30pm kick off. I am sure there'll be a stream.

Not as bad a results as it could have been (16 - 26 FT, 0 - 26 HT)
The first half we were just outclassed, Australia really seemed unstoppable, but for us to not concede in the second half, and get four of our own, not bad at all.
Those half time talks must be something special, because England really do seem like a different team after it

Ouch. Australia were awesome 1st half, but we were also shocking. England seemed to still think they were playing at Super League level. Far too many errors, and our defence was shocking. One worrying thing is that the backline seemed to lack any pace. We need a speedster in there.

2nd Half was obviously much better. Tomkins, Burgess, Crabtree and especially Westwood were excellent. Gareth Ellis and Senior were good too. Danny McGuire didn't look up to it, tbh. He never seemed to cope with the rush defence.

The first half is the worst 40 minutes of international rugby league I have seen for England. Australia were excellent on the counter attack, but their tries were all simple, an easy exploitation of Danny McGuire and Lee Smith, both who were complete garbage, by the way. They scored the same try three times, same run around, same poor defence from McGuire and poor positioning by Smith. Simple.

Second half was much better, but it's because we sped up the play of the ball and got our creative players like Tomkins, Eastmond and Roby on the front foot and attacking. I can't and won't deny the Aussies eased off, but they were blowing out of their backsides in the last ten minutes. Had we scored our third try five minutes earlier, we could really have made a game of it.

We restored pride but nothing else. The gap is bigger this year than ever before. We've taken our biggest weapon, the quick play of the ball, and slowed it down just as the Aussies do the opposite.

for the first time in my life i saw a better centre than mal meninga
i know he didnt need to do alot.....just pick up the lose ball and run..........but far out....Greg Inglis has piled on about 10kg's in 2009, and is now the size of big mal meninga running as quick as andrew ettinghausen

he is massive he has piled on heaps of weight for sure.......wiki (pedia not ruben) says he is 99kgs, but i remember on GF day he weighed in 108kg according to the pre match guide.

Burgess is solid cant wait to see more of him next year in the NRL...

Burgess will be a hit in the NRL. You lot loved Morley, you'll love this lad for the same reason, although Burgess isn't a cheap shot artist.

Latest posts