• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy - 10/03/2013

He should never have a received a ban like that anyway.

Certainly makes you think when you look at the way the Man United players were behaving towards the ref last night.

That makes things a little harder. Parisse always seemed to be the rudder for the Italian side, not to mention his skill as a player. Should be an interesting match-up if Billy Vunipola starts.

Last edited:
okay it's all over England, sorry, I take everything I'd said back. You may have had a slim chance but now Parisse's back, you've no chance. 20point blowout for the Italians...

He should never have a received a ban like that anyway.

Certainly makes you think when you look at the way the Man United players were behaving towards the ref last night.

This!!! A one game ban at most was what should have been handed out.

This!!! A one game ban at most was what should have been handed out.

When you consider the very limited bans now being handed out for dangerous play from running half the pitch to kick someone to stamping on ankles to stiff forearms into the intending tackler's face etc, a ban was ridiculous for mouthing off at a ref although, playing in France, Parisse should be used to clowns dressed as refs!!

Have never got the Flood dislike. Was our single most important player in our last Six Nations win, performs every part of the fly-half trade well and some incredibly well. I don't think there's a better fly-half in these Isles for taking it to the gainline and finding a close runner. Which in itself focuses defences and makes Youngs' life easier. Personally very happy to see what he can with this new England pack. Likewise Burns mind.

I'm also really looking forwards to what happens when Croft plays with this tight five as well - that's where I feel the real improvement has been.

Finally, I'm all in favour of long bans for abusing refs.

edit: I would point out I'm not saying that's what happened there, still don't know, merely defending the principle.

Last edited:
Is the team announced tomorrow or friday? I have a feeling Croft's return may mean Billy V will have to wait until Argentina to play but I really want to see Billy start on Sunday. Oh well, not bad options either way really!

Flood is a good player, I'd pick him over Farrell.
Lancaster doesn't seem to be a Flood fan, from what I can tell.

Random, but it has always amused me how Hook, Flood, and Sexton were all born within 8 week of each other (Hook- late June; Sexton- mid July; Flood- early August). People always think Sexton is younger than what he is.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we'll see 6. Wood, 7. Robshaw, 8. Billy V, 19. Lawes, 20. Croft
and I wouldn't be averse to that in the slightest.

There's also the potential of 19. Croft, 20. Haskell, but I don't think so. Croft has played some lock before, but not enough (/enough recently, especially after his injury) to warrant covering there internationally.

I don't think Croft should come in over Billy. We need to play with a ball carrying 8, to prepare for Morgan's return against Wales.
Croft may be playing well, but his form in two matches does not warrant jumping in front of the incumbents. None of Robshaw, Wood, Launchbury or Parling deserve to be dropped for him, and I don't think Lawes or Haskell do either.

Parisse won the appeal, so will be available to play against England.
He's been training with the Italian squad, in case the appeal succeeded.

Another example of the disiplinary process getting it right first time! Just how many of these decisions are amended on appeal?

That said, he's a great player and our game needs them to be playing as much as possible.

Flood is a good player, I'd pick him over Farrell.
Lancaster doesn't seem to be a Flood fan, from what I can tell.

Random, but it has always amused me how Hook, Flood, and Sexton were all born within 8 week of each other (Hook- late June; Sexton- mid July; Flood- early August). People always think Sexton is younger than what he is.

Thank god someone else noticed that too. I did a joke about Rhys Priestland having Sexton fever or something around the World Cup, as nobody noticed he wasn't actually *that* young, and nobody got it. I since confided it to my shed of needless rugby observations.

That is pretty crazy.
I thought Sexton was much younger than Flood, and Hook much older.
Hook's been around donkeys years.

It's cos he had to carry the hopes of a nation from the age of 19.

It's cos he had to carry the hopes of a nation from the age of 19.

I thought that was <s>Arwel Thomas
Iestyn Harris
Ceri Sweeney
Gavin Henson
Nicky Robinson
Dan Biggar
Rhys Priestland
Dan Biggar
</s>Rhys Patchell
Matthew Morgan
Owen Williams

Telegraph have just posted an article with their expected line up

1. Mako
2. T. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Parling
6. Haskell
7. Robshaw
8. Wood
9. Care
10. Flood
11. Brown
12. Barritt
13. Manu
14. Ashton
15. Goode

16. Hartley
17. Marler
18. Wilson
19. Lawes
20. Croft/Billy V
21. B. Youngs
22. ??? (Burns not mentioned in article)
23. Twelvetrees

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...o-give-Mako-Vunipola-debut-at-Twickenham.html

As ever, the forwards look just about spot on but the backline is still underwhelming.

Latest posts