• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs New Zealand - 19/11/22

A) Oh, that's easy.
Because 25 are kept together for the weekend, so clubs (and fans) know who they can or can't play.

B) Oh, and the latter didn't happen.
Scotland didn't want Redpath, so Bath selected him. In-window, internationals take priority

A) That's what I said!

B) Ah yeah, that's me typing too quickly on my phone - I meant Scotland FANS found out Redpath wasn't gonna be playing when Bath announced their side.
England already knew their releasees because they have to send a certain number back to their club

A) That's what I said!

B) Ah yeah, that's me typing too quickly on my phone - I meant Scotland FANS found out Redpath wasn't gonna be playing when Bath announced their side.
England already knew their releasees because they have to send a certain number back to their club
A] Then I don't understand the question

B] Fair enough

A] Then I don't understand the question
Don't skip leg day was asking why we'd called up so many players - I was just saying everyone else has similar sized squads ours just looks like it fluctuates a lot because the EPS agreement says we can only have 25 players for the second half of the week so we're naming the recalls every Monday

I think I read your statement as a question.

So I was answering why we name 25 man squad the day before naming the 23.

For NZ I suspect we'll see a XV of:

1. De Groot
2. Taylor
3. Lomax
4. Retallick
5. Whitelock
6. Scott Barrett
7. Papalii
8. Savea

9. Smith
10. Mo'unga

11. Clarke
12. Jordie B
13. Rieko
14. Reece
15. Beauden B

If 2019 is anything to go by winning that breakdown battle will be the key.

1. De Groot
2. Taylor
3. Lomax
4. Retallick
5. Whitelock
6. Scott Barrett
7. Papalii
8. Savea

9. Smith
10. Mo'unga

11. Clarke
12. Jordie B
13. Rieko
14. Reece
15. Beauden B

England are not the team of 2019, I'm expecting ABs to put points on us.

1. De Groot
2. Taylor
3. Lomax
4. Retallick
5. Whitelock
6. Scott Barrett
7. Papalii
8. Savea

9. Smith
10. Mo'unga

11. Clarke
12. Jordie B
13. Rieko
14. Reece
15. Beauden B

you might be pretty close with this other than Sami at hooker, taylor had a good 30mins....but has been bang average for the rest of the season, he's a flat track bully, good of the bench

only left field option afterthe weekend would be 11. Reece and 14. Tela

Honestly not sure. Both teams are so inconsistent with form. Head says NZ, but not confidently. Could well be a contest of who is shitter. (Which England should win).

On another note, is it bad that I actually like SCW's team outside of Farrell?

Or Faz, Porter (because he's just a shitter Brad barritt), Manu to replicate England's win over NZ in 2012.

Youngs also played 68 minutes that day so we'll do that again because it's the obvious route to success.
Bring back the class of 2002/3

1. De Groot
2. Taylor
3. Lomax
4. Retallick
5. Whitelock
6. Scott Barrett
7. Papalii
8. Savea

9. Smith
10. Mo'unga

11. Clarke
12. Jordie B
13. Rieko
14. Reece
15. Beauden B

All blacks took the year off in 2019 if I remember correctly
you might be pretty close with this other than Sami at hooker, taylor had a good 30mins....but has been bang average for the rest of the season, he's a flat track bully, good of the bench

Was going to say telea instead of Reece but you are right, Clarke hasn't done a lot. Definitely telea deserves another go.

Edit: changed my mind again, Clarke has been pretty good under the high ball.

I wish they gave perofeta more game time at 15 because I'm not sure bb deserves to be there. Would have been good if rts had played there in union, or bring in mckenzie or Stevenson or love

Last edited:

Only went with Taylor as he played v Wales and that one was closer to full strength than v Scotland. Sami's darts are more accurate than Taylor's as well.

But yes Reece to 11 and Tela remains at 14.
All blacks took the year off in 2019 if I remember correctly
Or rather ABs prepared to play SA in the final and EJ totally prepared to play ABs in that semi.

no idea what youre talking about
They just expected to waltzed into the final to play SA after beating them in the pool stage. Looked like they Forgot that they had to play a semi v England and looked underprepared psychologically- why else drop Cane for Barrett and then revert back at half time. Boks as well expected to play ABs in final and couldn't believe their luck when they got England.

Eddie from a year out and before after losing by 1 point at Twickenham had prepared England for this semi going by the draw of both teams. Shame he didn't totally for the final.

That is my reading into it.

They just expected to waltzed into the final to play SA after beating them in the pool stage. Looked like they Forgot that they had to play a semi v England and looked underprepared psychologically- why else drop Cane for Barrett and then revert back at half time. Boks as well expected to play ABs in final and couldn't believe their luck when they got England.

Eddie from a year out and before after losing by 1 point at Twickenham had prepared England for this semi going by the draw of both teams. Shame he didn't totally for the final.

That is my reading into it.
Think you dreamt that buddy, 19 isn't even a number, how do you pronounce it ?

Think you dreamt that buddy, 19 isn't even a number, how do you pronounce it ?
Just an opinion. England were ready for that semi and knew exactly how to play that day and Hansen got out coached by Eddie that day.

Which bit do you have an issue with? No obvious casualties I can see or at least none I didn't expect. Freeman over Murley is an either or and one has done well in his tests so far, whereas the other is uncapped.

Which bit do you have an issue with? No obvious casualties I can see or at least none I didn't expect. Freeman over Murley is an either or and one has done well in his tests so far, whereas the other is uncapped.
Not an issue but surprised by Will Stuart and also by Freeman. I'm sure the match day 23 will be silly though.

Edit: Freeman I'm happy with but still surprised and Stuart straight back from injury which is odd as I rate Heyes.

Just an opinion. England were ready for that semi and knew exactly how to play that day and Hansen got out coached by Eddie that day.
Sorry it's just my opinion that you are inventing a day in a nonexistent year, probably because you are struggling to differentiate dreams from reality. In your dreamworld, however, your opinion is valid (I can only presume).

Freeman only in over Cokanasiga because of an ankle injury, so Nowell and May to start it is.

Unless Tuilagi starts at 14 of course.
That makes sense, didn't think Jones would pick on from players unless forced to but bet Freeman goes back to the club and Tuilagi or Slade to the wing ;)

Latest posts