• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs New Zealand - 19/11/22

We finished last game with Smith Faz Manu and we won there for it will work vs NZ....EJ logic

We finished last game with Smith Faz Manu and we won there for it will work vs NZ....EJ logic
Or Faz, Porter (because he's just a shitter Brad barritt), Manu to replicate England's win over NZ in 2012.

Youngs also played 68 minutes that day so we'll do that again because it's the obvious route to success.

Rejected a ticket to this one as I would prefer to suffer at home. Plus the liver needs a break

My guess:
Same squad as last week but Manu and Binny start, Nowell comes onto the bench, Porter out entirely

Possibility of a 6-2, in which case (and there's no logic behind this) I think Coka would drop out and Nowell start

Reckon England will win this.

Normally the thought of England beating NZ would make me sick to the stomach but I'm ok with it this weekend. Anything that makes Pivac look like a useless waste of space I'm on board with.

Here's where the Autumn gets interesting.

Props fine. I'd guess at George coming in.

Assume he'll stick with Itoje at 6 otherwise what's been the point and Willis hasn't had any time. So Ribbans and Coles have been auditioning for the lock spot alongside Hill. Coles possibly shades it.

We may not like it but we can take 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 of Smith plus old guard as read although would really like to see JVP start. Steward's a shoo in at 15 and I guess May almost certain at 11. Leaving 14. The thought of Nowell vs the ABs makes me shudder so I guess Coka gets another shot although I think Freeman might ask more questions.

England's 36-man training squad Stuart and Radwan called up
Forwards

Alex Coles (Northampton Saints), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ellis Genge (Bristol Bears), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers), Jonny Hill (Sale Sharks), Maro Itoje (Saracens), David Ribbans (Northampton Saints), Sean Robinson (Newcastle Falcons), Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears), Jack Singleton (Gloucester Rugby), Will Stuart (Bath Rugby), Hugh Tizard (Saracens), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (unattached).

Backs

Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Tommy Freeman (Northampton Saints), George Furbank (Northampton Saints), Will Joseph (London Irish), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby), Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints), Cadan Murley (Harlequins), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Guy Porter (Leicester Tigers), Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers), Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks), Jack van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

Will Stuart straight off the physios table and in to international rugby - nice

Why the hell does he call up 36 players? Is that to have a whole squad of tackle bag holders in camp (to play 15 on 15). As surely that's not right or fair ok those players. Wouldn't want the bin juice players showing up Jones' chosen few.

Why the hell does he call up 36 players?
It's the size of the EPS training squad, and then 9 have to be released back to their clubs as per the agreement - it's why they announce a 25 man squad on Wednesday then the matchday 23 on Thursday
Everyone else keeps the whole squad in all series and releases players on a player-by-player basis (like Scotland finding out Redpath wasn't gonna be in the squad to face new Zealand cause he was named on the bench for bath the day before the Scotland announcement)

@TRF_Olyy just stumbled across your post(see below) on the 2013 England vs New Zealand(was looking to see the squad when i saw it in similar threads at the bottom)....You can offcially say youve been saying it for years haha

"Farrell is a poor 12. Can do it in the prem (though having Hodgson at 10 helps) but he's rubbish compared to just about any other option we have there." @TRF_Olyy 2013

Man Body GIF

It's the size of the EPS training squad, and then 9 have to be released back to their clubs as per the agreement - it's why they announce a 25 man squad on Wednesday then the matchday 23 on Thursday
Everyone else keeps the whole squad in all series and releases players on a player-by-player basis (like Scotland finding out Redpath wasn't gonna be in the squad to face new Zealand cause he was named on the bench for bath the day before the Scotland announcement)
Oh, that's easy.
Because 25 are kept together for the weekend, so clubs (and fans) know who they can or can't play.

Oh, and the latter didn't happen.
Scotland didn't want Redpath, so Bath selected him. In-window, internationals take priority

Latest posts