• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs South Africa 20 / 11 / 2021

It's a bit unfair to criticise SA's more conservative game plan, they are playing by the rules and maximising their current talent pool, agree again about them slowing the game down a lot though. I think refs let them do it too much sometimes.
Are players like Kolbe or Mapimpi being maximised? De Allende and Am also have a fair claim to be the best centre pairing in World rugby but they don't typically get that much chance to show what they can do ball-in-hand.

Anyway … I'm a flanker - I actually enjoy physical rugby, that wasn't my point.

I was simply saying that Chicago Kid's description of 'entertainment' and 'drama' would be far more accurate for France or NZ. I don't think that is a contentious observation at all.

the simpsons paddle GIF

Making a turnover while English, you better believe that's a paddlin'

Not claiming bias at all but losing the penalty count 18-8 and coming away with less yellow cards is... Unusual.

Fiji only gave away 13 penos v Wales last week for 2 yellows and a [not relevant to the argument] red. Probably my biggest pet peeve with rugby now is how inconsistent the team yellow is. Don't know why we're ranking penalties by their position on the pitch for it, we already have yellows for cynical penalties stopping try scoring opportunities and penalty tries for that.
Wasn't their yellow for foul play rather than being ***s which is what we got ours for, which we always get it for.

England aren't dirty just stupid.

Wasn't their yellow for foul play rather than being ***s which is what we got ours for, which we always get it for.

England aren't dirty just stupid.
Fiji's or SA? Fiji's were both team yellows if I'm not mistaken. One definitely was.

18 for one yellow is absolutely mad, Brace would be far from the best when it comes to keeping track too.

To be fair, I think we were about to get another yellow when SA scored. The try seemed to be seen as a suitable punshiment.

Referees are inconsistent with that. Some give the try and the yellow, but more often than not, the try seems to cancel out the yellow.

the 3 most popular sports in America are combat sports

Since no one else has asked, I have to know what metrics you've used to come to this conclusion? Even if you want to be generous and call American Football a combat sport, I don't know in what categories boxing or mma, could be considered more popular than basketball and baseball?

Since no one else has asked, I have to know what metrics you've used to come to this conclusion? Even if you want to be generous and call American Football a combat sport, I don't know in what categories boxing or mma, could be considered more popular than basketball and baseball?
1.) NFL 2.) College Football 3.) High school football.

College football is the second biggest sport in the USA terms of revenue and viewership.

In many states, college football is more popular than the NFL. The top college football programs bring in around 175-225 million in revenue per year.

Fiji's or SA? Fiji's were both team yellows if I'm not mistaken. One definitely was.

18 for one yellow is absolutely mad, Brace would be far from the best when it comes to keeping track too.
Is 1 card from 18 really mad, I mean teams aim to keep under 10 pens at international, most teams probably get around that but don't average a yellow per game, is there some perfect threshold for penalties per card that just happens to be 9, as 8 would mean England deserved two and SA one.

1.) NFL 2.) College Football 3.) High school football.

College football is the second biggest sport in the USA terms of revenue and viewership.

In many states, college football is more popular than the NFL. The top college football programs bring in around 175-225 million in revenue per year.

I'm well aware of the popularity of college football and the differences in rules to the NFL. They're still not separate sports. Using the three main levels of Gridiron/whatever you want to call it to say America loves combat sports doesn't really hold up.

Not claiming bias at all but losing the penalty count 18-8 and coming away with less yellow cards is... Unusual.

Fiji only gave away 13 penos v Wales last week for 2 yellows and a [not relevant to the argument] red. Probably my biggest pet peeve with rugby now is how inconsistent the team yellow is. Don't know why we're ranking penalties by their position on the pitch for it, we already have yellows for cynical penalties stopping try scoring opportunities and penalty tries for that.
They actually got the same amount of YCs, 1 each although SA were lucky not to get at least 1 more, Steyn sliding in with his knees on Smith and arguably De Allende for spear tackling Curry in an altercation after the whistle.

They actually got the same amount of YCs, 1 each although SA were lucky not to get at least 1 more, Steyn sliding in with his knees on Smith and arguably De Allende for spear tackling Curry in an altercation after the whistle.
Etzebeth on Smith as well ?

I'm well aware of the popularity of college football and the differences in rules to the NFL. They're still not separate sports. Using the three main levels of Gridiron/whatever you want to call it to say America loves combat sports doesn't really hold up.

College football is a greater chasm to the NFL than Rugby League is to Rugby Union. Would you consider Rugby Union & League different sports?

Latest posts