• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Vs South Africa

England are stuck in a loop. They need to finish this World Cup. Get rid of the rubbish, start a new, and concentrate on the 2011 Cup, THE DAY AFTER THIS CUP FINISHES.

Get rid of Andrew. He did his job (get rid of Robinson last year) and now is dead wood. Dead wood is what is holding England back. Last year, Wasps won the European cup and Leicester won the EDF Welsh cup thing. This proves English rugby at club level is fit and healthy.

I'm so depressed with England I don't even want attacking rugby I just want wins.

Which begs the question: Why is Ashton, hailed as an attacking visionary, playing this turgid ten-man game. At least under Andy Robinson they only played ten man rugby semi badly under Ashton it shows he's a backs coach.

Another thing England MUST change is the defence coach, or at least his strategy. In the modern game drift defence is useless. South Africa made quite a few errors, but every time instead of being hassled they could just pick the ball back up and continue. James lloked like a world class tactical kicker simply because he had enough time to line evrything up perfectly, think back to how he was aginst Samoa. There was no pressure forced on the SA's and isn't it now time for Shaun Edwards, however much i hate the guy.

Noticing some comments that have posted what I said.

I don't think that buying players from SA or NZ is a bad idea and I don't see it hurting the overall standard of the English game. I mean I would love a good English player to be there next to McAlister learning there trade from one of the best in the game and I think that can really help. Most of the clubs have a very good system for bringing good local talent into there team. I don't think any club could afford to just use Oversea players it wouldn't work.

I don't think that England being Champions will affect the club game much at all. Northampton going down will have a bigger affect.

Looking to the future in my eyes, we should blood young talent as soon as possible now. Anyone who won't be playing in terms of age in the next world cup should be out of the starting 22 but maybe in the squad to try and share there experience with the younger players. BA has done a bad job but I think his problem was actually believing we could win. In doing this the idea of bringing inexperienced players was thrown out the window.

If BA is to keep his job he should start focusing on the next RWC and just work a plan that will probably be horrible to watch in the first year or 2 in terms of trophies but in the long run will be a massive improvement.

Poor performance from England it was awful they aren't the same team they were 4 years ago. The old men are gone well most of them. There best player last night was robinson and he is now gone now they have big problems and there is no way the will be beat the Aussies.

4 years ago Wilko kicked England to the cup|
4 years later England Battered by South Africa 36-0
Watching it as a Welshman Priceless :D

I don't think Ashton to be under pressure, he, in one year, has done more than Robinson did in 3.

The disappointment for me during this game was how easy England allowed the First Try, Jamie Noon just stood like a statue and did not tackle...

It was at that Point that I realised Jamie Noon and Rob Andrew MUST Die!!!

Shame England couldn't even score a penalty when they had the chance. The Boks were vastly superior

Brian Ashton hasn't done in one year what Robbo did in 3. He's done categorically worse (whether it's his fault or not).

Under Robbo we pushed South Africa and NZ all the way, late tries would have won us both games. We lost closely to Argentina - even that wouldn't happen on current form. Ashton meanwhile has overseen our heaviest defeats to Ireland, South Africa and, now no doubt, Samoa. And for a visionary back coach he has managed a back line that can't score.

I think Ashton has changed things and they haven't worked but you can't really call him better than Robbo - which is the most terrible thing you can say.

I hope Tait moves south because everyone at Newcastle have been chumps. As for Andrew, I nothing him. I don't think he does anything uo there and draw money - his influence on this will be roughly nil. And even if we freed up his salary it probably wouldn't release enough for us to poach the best youngsters from Aus, NZ etc., but you never know. I've heard his salary is extortioniate.

Will Mark Regan, Martin Corry, Lawrence Dallaglio, Shaum Perry, Andy Farrell and Jamie Noon all please sod off. International class, my arse.

Will Mark Regan, Martin Corry, Lawrence Dallaglio, Shaum Perry, Andy Farrell and Jamie Noon all please sod off. International class, my arse. [/b]

HERE HERE
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I totally agree with that, we have a lot more talent playing in the Guinness Premiership at the moment who should be over at the World Cup...

England now on par with the other rugby giants of Ivory Coast, Namibia, Spain and Canada - the only other teams to be held scoreless at a World Cup.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> What are you guys talking about!!?? Isn't this the thread for South Africa vs England!!!??

Springboks thumped the English in style Baby!!! [/b]

Yes this is the thread for the discussion but obviously you didn't watch the game, you have just seen the scoreline and decided to comment on it...

We were talking about the injury to Jason Robinson and it was the reaction to the result... but obviously you find it very difficult to discuss things and say things which are uterly pointless and meaningless to this thread...
[/b][/quote]

HAHA! Calm down dude,

Damn you English are such bad losers!! You English were already down 20 odd points when Robinson got injuerd.....wouldn't have changed a thing. haha! 36-0, thats nil, nought, nothing!

Enjoy the rest of the World Cup............Good luck with making out of the pool stage....... [/b][/quote]

HAHA!!! I am calm dude,

Wow you seriously can't read can you... Have any of us blamed Robinson's injury for why we lost, NO!!! We blame the team as a whole, We have praised South Africa...

Well enjoy your reading lessons
[/b][/quote]

Haha! Sorry dude just trying to get to you...obviously it worked! Cough cough....damn dude thats quite sad.....anyway....enjoy the Rugby World Cup! [/b][/quote]

Proof that TRF should have an age restriction imposed. Dude.

<div class='quotemain'>
Farrell; I'm sorry League fans, but if he's the best player ever then it shows how superior Union is. He can f*** off back to Wigan.
[/b]
My Ass Union is superior.

They needed a knackerd League player to be the savour of English RU. Eveyone seems to forget about Billy Whizz background, its league that has made him the player that he was.[/b][/quote]
Savoir my foot. Farrell is the laziest, most useless piece of **** I've ever had the displeasure to lay eyes upon, yet so many <strike>League</strike> Wigan fans still refer to him like he's some sort of rugby playing God!!! :lol:

And Billy Whizz may have a background in League, but he'll forever be remembered as a Union player as that's what really made him what he is today. ;)

i may not be a complete expert on english domestic rugby by any means but what if england fielded a backline something like this against SA
10 Gerathy
11 Simpson-Daniel
12 Catt
13 Hipkiss
14 Robinson
15 Cipriani
would they have got on any better?

i may not be a complete expert on english domestic rugby by any means but what if england fielded a backline something like this against SA
10 Gerathy
11 Simpson-Daniel
12 Catt
13 Hipkiss
14 Robinson
15 Cipriani
would they have got on any better? [/b]
No

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Farrell; I'm sorry League fans, but if he's the best player ever then it shows how superior Union is. He can f*** off back to Wigan.
[/b]

They needed a knackerd League player to be the savour of English RU. Eveyone seems to forget about Billy Whizz background, its league that has made him the player that he was.[/b][/quote]
Savoir my foot. Farrell is the laziest, most useless piece of **** I've ever had the displeasure to lay eyes upon, yet so many <strike>League</strike> Wigan fans still refer to him like he's some sort of rugby playing God!!! :lol:

And Billy Whizz may have a background in League, but he'll forever be remembered as a Union player as that's what really made him what he is today. ;) [/b][/quote]

But does not that say something about Union when you have buy a knackerd League forward and play him in the backs. I dont refer to Farrell as God, Shaun Edwards is God ;)

By the way how is Ashton getting on. Scored on debut didn't he, we are gonna miss him :(

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

And Billy Whizz may have a background in League, but he'll forever be remembered as a Union player as that's what really made him what he is today. ;) [/b][/quote]

But does not that say something about Union when you have buy a knackerd League forward and play him in the backs. I dont refer to Farrell as God, Shaun Edwards is God ;) [/b][/quote]

Farrell was brought iin by the miney spinning fatcats at the top of the RFU. Every fan worth his salt has been calling for Barons head on a platter since forcing him into the squad, knowing how useless he would be.

And for Farrells head himself since his abysmal, match-losing performances ever since finally making his debut for that matter.

By the way how is Ashton getting on. Scored on debut didn't he, we are gonna miss him :( [/b]

Scored twice since them also, Monday night for the reserves and yesterday collected a walk over after a Spencer break.

**** League > Union arguments suck, be it in Aus or England, it achieves absolutely nothing. Both sports have their advantages, if you like league more support it rather than waving your e-peen around.