• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England & Wales Hold Joint Training Session

Video going around of the session and England brutalized the Welsh scrum

Of course jake ball thought it was a good battle, he just enjoyed being back with his countrymen :D

I think its a great idea that both teams are training together. I know that some of the regions have been training with some of the English clubs throughout the season. It adds a bit of challenge and intensity that you wouldn't usually get, but in a controlled environment.

Haha a leaked video of one training scrum that was wheeling like mad. I'm not reading into it too much. Particularly as there wasn't a ref.

What was Nigel Owens's job there then? Is assumed he was providing ref instructions and insights

But who WON?

Feels slightly odd being training with a team we'll be playing in a couple of months and whose players we must know pretty well anyway. Would have been more interesting if it had been with the ABs

It's all part of EJ's master plan, annihilate the Welsh at the set piece in "training" so when we play them they are worried about going to the set piece. This will force them to try to keep the ball in play. Kick to their half, set a defensive line and let them desperately try to batter through with 1 out passing and "quick" ruck ball.

It's all part of EJ's master plan, annihilate the Welsh at the set piece in "training" so when we play them they are worried about going to the set piece. This will force them to try to keep the ball in play. Kick to their half, set a defensive line and let them desperately try to batter through with 1 out passing and "quick" ruck ball.
A master plan to beat Wales at home seems like overkill to me...

EJ confirmed time traveller, they've been smashing the one out runners and kick chase for almost a decade.

What was Nigel Owens's job there then? Is assumed he was providing ref instructions and insights

As in, we weren't able to hear/see the response of the ref. He wasn't going to signal for a penalty for the benefit of the coaches haha.

Anyway, I like it. Everyone wins. Competitive training, good development, time try a few things out etc.

I'd have thought both teams would have been more keen to keep tricks up their sleeves. Especially in this death by video analysis era.

How times change though. Wonder how Wade Dooley and Phil Davies would have reacted if the idea had been put to them back in the day.

Latest posts