• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England's international games

Maverick1987

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
So the tv rights are due for renewal this year . Who do we prefer to have them ? I quite like bt sport tbh and at least dewi Morris will be gone then :)

Agreed - Barnes does my nut.
BT Sport, and also bring Greenwood across too.

Terrestrial TV. More people can watch them more easily. Promotes the sport better. BBC have most expertise with this

It's ALOT of money but surely most people in Britain have bt so would get sport for free . Plus it's only £10 if you don't have bt so significantly cheaper than sky sports package

Sorry it's £12 so the wife has just told me

It's ALOT of money but surely most people in Britain have bt so would get sport for free . Plus it's only £10 if you don't have bt so significantly cheaper than sky sports package

Sorry it's £12 so the wife has just told me

A lot of people have BT land lines by I thought access to BT Sport was done based on Internet provider?

If really like the BBC to get it. Highly unlikely but you never know. Already have the 6 Nations so I don't think adding another five or six games over the season would be a problem. Probably the best all around team of pundits as well.

I would prefer it to be on Terrestrial - we need more mainstream coverage.
Pay-tv simply doesn't get near the viewing figures as the BBC - in fact it's figures are quite poor.

England vs New Zealand last year had ~757,000 viewers
England vs Wales last year had ~7,610,000 viewers

That's right - TEN TIMES the number of people watched that game.
Terrestrial TV has been criminally underused by Rugby in England.

I hold very little hope for any coverage outside of the 6N though.

I would prefer it to be on Terrestrial - we need more mainstream coverage.
Pay-tv simply doesn't get near the viewing figures as the BBC - in fact it's figures are quite poor.

England vs New Zealand last year had ~757,000 viewers
England vs Wales last year had ~7,610,000 viewers

That's right - TEN TIMES the number of people watched that game.
Terrestrial TV has been criminally underused by Rugby in England.

I hold very little hope for any coverage outside of the 6N though.

Maybe now sky have France, Italy, Scotland and Ireland's games then the BBC could potentially afford to take England back . I hope so anyway but only if they promise not to put jiffy on any of our games

If it comes down to who has the money then the BBC don't stand a chance against BT or Sky.
The only way they will get it is if the RFU acknowledge the value of the exposure to a larger audience.

I think it will go to BT sport they are after everything England rugby and have the wallet for it

I think they've already negotiated the rights during the negotiations over the future of European rugby.
BT are looking to kill off SKY - so they want anything and everything SKY have.

I hope BT, then I can cancel my Sky sports sub. (have BT broadband so free)

Outside rugby only thing I use sky sports for is NFL, and the odd Super league game.

Latest posts